"The Survivor" build thread by fieroboom
Started on: 12-04-2008 12:54 PM
Replies: 84 (4511 views)
Last post by: fieroboom on 06-03-2009 03:31 PM
Mrs.Fieroboom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mrs.FieroboomClick Here to visit Mrs.Fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mrs.FieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

I know some of you are probably thinking "yeah, so, you built a hoist... and it works..." But you have no idea how exciting it is to me to be able to create something from scratch, have it turn out to be exactly what the vision in my head was, and furthermore, have it work flawlessly.
I am so pumped right now!!
Ok, I guess I'm done for now. This will probably be where I leave The Survivor thread for a while so I can get "The Coupe-ula" ready for D9. If you'd like to follow along in more hoist adventures, please join me in my other thread.
-Paul

The BEAST is alive!!!! It looks ten times more impressive in person!!! You truly did an awesome job and I R very proud to have it in the "man cave"!

------------------
My dream ride:

IP: Logged
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo when are you gonna come up here and build mine? I knew that there was some "southern engineering" in your blood somewhere. Great job on it.....

Paul
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Soooooo when are you gonna come up here and build mine? I knew that there was some "southern engineering" in your blood somewhere. Great job on it.....

Paul

Thanks! I'll build anything for anyone... Just need time & materials! Take a vacation sometime this summer, journey down this way, and you could take home your very own hoist! My next tool to build is an engine stand. I think I'm gonna also try my hand at some sort of drill press apparatus where my drill can clamp in, then be removed for regular drilling. Either that, or I'll just go straight up scratch and build the whole setup, but then of course, I'd hafta make it rotate 90o and become the motor of a lathe...
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, awesome hoist! I've been thinking of something similar, but didn't need it 'cause I used an i beam in my garage w/ a chain hoist, for the same purpose. And the propane tank air compressor system expansion? I wanted to do something similar years ago. We're operating on the same wavelength, just you move much more quickly, hahah. I hope to contribute more to your ideas more soon. My project should be driving this summer. C ya round.

Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

He who dies with the most toys... still dies.

Check out my restoration!

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The move into the new house has made me assess all of my projects & all of my goals. While 'The Survivor' was loaded on the trailer & sitting in broad daylight, I had an extremely good opportunity to carefully re-evaluate every square inch of it. I even still found rust & hollow spots that I was previously unaware of. I am unable to remove even one single bolt pertaining to the suspension. I have definitely learned a lot from this vehicle, so to me, it has served it's purpose well. As much as it pains me to do so, am I now heeding the words of reason, and will not be continuing with a build-up of The Survivor. I would never feel truly road-worthy and truly safe in it knowing that somewhere, in some deep crevice, there is probably some rust hiding.

However...

It's named 'The Survivor' for a reason, and still has a very special meaning to me, so I have decided to give it a new life as my 'Uber Man Grill', rather than send it to it's death in a scrap yard. If Cliff will allow it, I'll continue that process here at a later time, because right now it's time to pull a few irons out of the fire and actually start getting stuff accomplished.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock