Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  !!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
!!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! by Custom2M4
Started on: 04-04-2006 07:07 PM
Replies: 333 (25474 views)
Last post by: Mr_jacob7 on 11-13-2009 10:55 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

Keep going with the pics I am interested on how it all comes out. Have you looked at the bumpers from some of the RX-7s? I think they wold fit pretty good. I am going to go pic one up this week and see how it would work. I think it's like an 89 RX-7.

Exam week next week. So I'll have lots of fun updates in a couple weeks. I'm just getting a couple more designs done of the rear end... You know.. drawing, and duct taping stuff :P. I do like some of the Rx-7 bumpers, the aftermarket ones anyways. However I kinda wanna keep the pontiac tradition on the front / rear of the car.

I basically don't want civic guys coming up to me and asking me where I got the kit for my Del Sol. :P
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this and I hope punks don't think you're trying to copy it.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a very interesting car, I like the color scheme. If people think I am copying the colors, then I don't really mind. I've had this idea for a very long time.

------------------

Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually that rx-7 was in the import mags long before the movie. it's called something like a "fortune widebody" or something like that. i mentioned it in one of madcurls threads as a possible way of altering some irm/archie scoops. i read where they brought it for the movie and painted it to look more like a beater. i don't know why, it was a real good lookin' car before.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If thats a beater, then I'll pay 500 cash.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dun Dun Dun.... Hatchback - First Design and lay out. I still have yet to lay it back steeper, but here is an idea. This was alot easier to lay out then I had in mind. Still gives me plenty of time to fool around with it. I wasn't under the impression that I was going to work on it at all, but I had a couple hours :P. In a weeks time I will finish shaping it, and maybe even lay some fiberglass.

The Blue line is the Glass, the Orange line is the scoop. It'll flow a bit more, that is just the basic idea hehe

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

And some quick renderings I did to figure out the layout of the bumper.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 06-16-2006).]

MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time to bust out the duct tape!
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn rights! Got to have a new photoshop of the side. The quarter window as bugging me, but other then that.. omg. hehehe
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Man! It's going to be a choptop huh?
Farmboy_k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Farmboy_kSend a Private Message to Farmboy_kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates you can share Chase?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really any I want to "Share" ATM :P. The rear clip is in fiberglass. The widebody panels are in fiberglass. My tailights have been mocked, just need a few more hours to finish the taillight panel. Its looking really good, but I lost my internet service on my home PC, so I am unable to post pictures if I wanted to.

However it does look amazing.

Yes, it will be a choptop / targa still. The frame is booked for a chemical strip , and the work to be done in march. I'll be stripping the frame in the next few weeks, so I hope to have before pictures soon. I am still "iffy" about posting some of the ones I have.. lol I kinda like the suspense. Maybe I'll post a couple teasers when I get get someone in to fix my internet.

Best of luck,
Chase.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cut the crap and just keep posting progress
Hope you get it done, try to keep the ideas clean and it will be mean !

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

tried a variation of your quarterwindow issue...how it could look...hope it helps to get ideas..good luck!

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

tried a variation of your quarterwindow issue...how it could look...hope it helps to get ideas..good luck!

That looks great. That would tie into the scoop really well because the sailpanel scoop is layed out almost exact to that, perhaps a little larger.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, you've earned a few pictures. After I have a couple layers on this rear end, the car will be stripped to the bare frame for storage. Hopefully I can snap a few pictures with most of the pieces I made mocked in place on the car. Its coming along, like always. Just requires alot of time. I want to have the frame finished before I do really any more major things on it. Simply because these panels will be molded together, and IF I go along with the choptop, (still undecided.. If its worth the trouble) I'll have to obviously modify this rear clip for those purposes.

The first couple are with the fiberglass cloth covering the panels, the second is of the resin laid over them. I'm currently working on my laptop, which I got a router for because my PC still isn't working properly... sigh.

Enjoy.

*In case you are wondering what it takes to make something like this.. still.. lol
I have these supplies on reserve;
75 Paint Brushes (1$ / 4 from the dollar store )
10 Gallons of Resin ( 130$ / 5 Gallons from my body shop)
10 Tubes of Liquid Hardner (About 4$ / Tube)
3 Boxes of rubber gloves ( 15$ / Box of 50)
5 8x2 Sheets of Foam (20$ / sheet)
10 Rolls of duct tape (4$ / roll)
And whenever I need it, two friends that are willing to help duct tape large parts (Priceless)

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 07-01-2006).]

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's looking great chase. i REALLY like the window fie ro photoshopped, the line on the window flows PERFECTLY with the line of the side scoop. looks really nice imo. the rear end however looks too heavy to me. looks like it needs a diaper change...

oh yeah, dollar store rocks, i bought 20 brushes yesterday, for 5.70 hehe.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:
the rear end however looks too heavy to me. looks like it needs a diaper change...

What do you mean?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that rear end. do you think you could lay out like in paint or something where the rear window will be? I think the diaper comment was in reference to the thickness and the fact that the fiberglass is hanging off. once you sand and paint that I think that will look very nice. You are going to mold it together? or is that the rest of the pannels, and the rear will go up like a hatchback? keep up the good work!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is looking really good !

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
That is looking really good !

/\/\/\/\/\/\ What he said!!!

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From this angle the rear sorta looks new Ford GT. I'll see if i can find pic for compare

Not the best angle but you get the idea

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 07-01-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86fierofun; The first layer should be entirely dry by morning, I'll see if I can tape off the windows for you before adding another couple layers....

Tony and moto; Thanks guys :P

S/A; I never really compared it to the GT40, but that is a neat observation! It'll look a little bit different with the tail light panel / spoiler in place. I'll give you a hint..

Even though I got cavalier tails for the car, I decided against using them to sort of keep the rear end a little more 'boxyish'. So I am going back in time and mocked a different set I already had in the garage !

Thanks guys (back to work for me ;P) !
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man looks great. Keep up the good work. also glad you decided not to use the cavi taillights. Keep going and keep us updated.

Brian
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome so far... but my suggestion (a little to late now) would be to use a high temp release wax insted of ductape. I tried the duct tape and as resin will do with anything, you'll see lines from the ductape... For example, if you lay fiberglass on a piece of oak, using release wax,you'll be pulling the grain of the wood with the resin when your compleate...

Just be prepared to do a good bit of finishing when you pull the mold... Not bashing your approach, just telling you what to expect, as i also learned the hard way once on this approach...

Very unique look that your achieving tho... I like it.

~Tim

------------------

" Life is short, Live alittle and If you feel froggy, jump. "
86 GT Build-Up----> //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059108.html

Korupt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my guess on the tail lights is the old firebird lights u had? and i think the diaper comment was cause the rear bumper look very thick on the photoshop, try bringing it towards the wheel more so not so much is sticking off the back

[This message has been edited by Korupt (edited 07-02-2006).]

Korupt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Korupt

762 posts
Member since Jul 2004
kinda like this

[This message has been edited by Korupt (edited 07-02-2006).]

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along good Custom2M4 keep up the good work , if needed a hand am just next door to you , only take me a few minute to go there .. good job
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

looks awesome so far... but my suggestion (a little to late now) would be to use a high temp release wax insted of ductape. I tried the duct tape and as resin will do with anything, you'll see lines from the ductape... For example, if you lay fiberglass on a piece of oak, using release wax,you'll be pulling the grain of the wood with the resin when your compleate...

Ahh but you see this panel I have made 'isnt' a mold. It still needs finishing work no matter what. Depending on how much finishing work it needs , It will be my one off panel (sort of like using a mold on your car :P. I have about 4L of release agent that I tend to use on smaller things, but I didn't really feel the need on the rear clip.

Obviously I am giving myself more work, while having to finish sand all these panels. But thats just sorta what I do anyways.. lol Making a fiberglass mold, then a panel from that would cost me more $$ obviously hehe. So I'm substituting my time for cash spent on the car.

Thanks guys! I'll see about taping off those windows in a bit.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Here is sort of an idea of how the windows will go. The "arrowed" things will be outlets for the hot air to escape from.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I met to tell you am not next door to you lol .. I think you knew that lol Keep it up
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooooohhhhhh!!!!! I like it!!!
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you mean?

it just looks heavy in the back to me. something about the rounded rear end makes it look like it's bulging, like a full diaper.

i do really like the overall look though, that's just the only thing i think could be improved. better to tell you now than when it's finished right?
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys .

Scott ; I sort of know what you are saying now.. But thats just a modified stock bumper.. lol. I guess with the taillight panel, and spoiler its a little big. But man, "Big bottomed women make the world go round!" According to Queen !

I got a new set of rims / tires today. I'm actually quite pumped about them. They may not be the 20"s just yet. But will work until I get those.. hehe. I'm re-finishing them ATM, so I'll post pictures in a bit.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Big bottomed women make the world go round!" According to Queen !

Close..."Fat-bottomed girls, they make the rockin' world go 'round"!
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Voila, a refinished rim. I cleaned the rims / tires until I could eat off them, sanded the face clean to the aluminum, masked and painted the whole rim (in and out), sanded the face again, polished, and cleared. These are from a Beretta GTZ, and I think they turned out pretty good for a 16" rim.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turn out awsome .first time I ever seen them like that like these type of rims .nice job
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

Turn out awsome .first time I ever seen them like that like these type of rims .nice job

lol I still don't know if it was worth the time spent doing it.. haha, I could have done them in black quite easily.. Ohh well its too late now anyway hehe.

I just love how the car looks like a dang offroad vehicle now. Big tires, medium size rims.. bumping the height of the car up quite a bit..

DUNE BUGGY! hahaha I kinda like that look... Humm maybe for the next one... 4x4.. hehe
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More,..more,...dying to see more !
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir, are sick! haha. Just checkin in, looks like you've been busy. Keep it up, I'm impressed.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as I look for the camera for pictures, looks like someone took it from me for the weekend.. hehe

I mounted the rear clip and mocked up all the other panels.. I just have to say.. well.. It looks amazing. I can invision what the chop is going to look like now as well... Even better...

I've also sourced out my own windows for a 2" chop. Yes.. No 3" for me. In my mind its just too much chop. I can have the custom windows done for dirty cheap (Even though its alot of work for myself.. ) But still cheap lexan windows (not for sale, I don't really want to deal with selling anything ATM).

Archie hasn't contacted me back yet.. So I guess the metal work won't be going to him. Ohh well.

Hopefully I can get pictures up next week, of how its looking so far. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to get alot done this year, but thats not really a huge deal.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here you go guys. Sorry they are a little dark. Just took them a few mins ago. Enjoy.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock