Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  !!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
!!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! by Custom2M4
Started on: 04-04-2006 07:07 PM
Replies: 333 (25474 views)
Last post by: Mr_jacob7 on 11-13-2009 10:55 AM
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang it, i wanted to see the end result! you wont post any pictures?

i own a page in a cool thread !

GREAT, post all the pictures i'm still a 'fan' of the end result.

[This message has been edited by 88White3.4GT (edited 05-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps I might let a couple go when the panels are all in fiberglass.. Then people can stop putting up pictures of houses with foam insulation.. hehehe jk
I
EDIT ---- PICTURES V Down wards.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 06-04-2006).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Don't let a couple of people pee in your cheerios! Esp. since you have the guts to make your dreams come true!! Keep posting, esp. pics!!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey atleast you're doing something instead of just talking about it. I'm sure that there are far more people interested in seeing your progress, there are a lot of people who just lurk in the background and don't post much. Keep the pictures coming.

Nolan
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, well I have changed a couple things already. I wont be going with that front or rear bumper, something about it looking too much like a fiero for me. So I ordered a body kit to play around with. The widebody is still a go obviously, so far I have the rocker in fiberglass, then comes all the fun stuff. Not everyone is obviously going to like my choice, but I am keeping it pontiac at least. It should be a very interesting project.

Thanks again for the interest, I have to have this 86 GT done by the end of the month, so that is pretty much when I will be back on mine. I've done a few things for a couple friends so I'm not where I wanted to be, but I have had some good time to think about a few things. It was a nice little holiday even if it was only for a month.

Don't worry you guys on RFT, I'll have some more pictures for you guys to make fun of in a couple weeks. .
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you around 2m4
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am done with Olafs car until fall when I paint the sucker. Heres how she turned out in primer.

And well... I thought I would throw these out there...

Thanks for looking! (Even those here to critize, I don't care. Shes comin together!)

I'd like to hear from you guys! Either way :P, bumps modivate. hehe
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey looks good!!! those doors are for your car right?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

hey looks good!!! those doors are for your car right?

:P. Yes'm. I am back working on Custom! lol. Finally. Its going to come together quite quickly now. So be sure to check for updates.

The two grey panels in the pictures are sitting in molds at the moment. They will be done tomorrow and on saturday I will glass all three pieces together and install them on the car. Then comes the fender, then the quarter panel. If you guys want to ask some questions go right ahead. lol I am usually cruizing the forum at work anyways. !
MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you use for creating a plug? This car is intensity in ten cities!
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MclarenF1:

What do you use for creating a plug? This car is intensity in ten cities!

If you look a couple pages back, I am using poly foam. I am then covering thus foam in duct tape to insure that my resin does not eat away at the foam. I had a run in with that a while back so I was forced to tapem up! lol

It actually works better this way because fiberglass resin does not stick to the tape. So I don't have to waste my mold release agent on the panels.
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the door panels have no more duct tape, and no more foam. Just a little taste of what WILL happen.

Btw for the RFT guys; "It's only a matter of time...." I think these speak for themselves..

Everything takes time. Isn't that what a build thread is about! It WILL get done, critized or not. Its only a matter of time.

Thanks for the support guys! Feels good to get these things together! I am starting on the quarter panels / scoops today. Its going to be WILD. Keep watchin and obviously postin!
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job .am going to play whit mine also soon ,all this body work got me on the go again .. ..keep up the good work ...Rob

------------------

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its actually pretty hard for some people to understand what I am trying to do here... Sooo I tend to make it a little easier and use my favorite tool (Duct Tape) hahha, and mock the panels in place so you guys can follow whats going on. I know some people think, oh well look at this loser hes just duct taping parts onto his car.. But in all honestly I am trying to make it so you can invision what the hell is going on in my head.

So look at these pictures, then at my signature... The cartoon is coming alive ;P.

Thanks mate !
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
forgot to add the sig.. haha

------------------

Red October

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red OctoberSend a Private Message to Red OctoberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Chase...

I want to see it in person though... Tomorrow night bring it out to the cruise

The duct-tape will hold

------------------
Darcy
1988 White/Tan GT
V6 5spd

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice to see you making progress again.
i think if i had to start mine over again, i'd definately do something with the doors like you are. it's too much of a curve to begin the flaring behind the door. oh well.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today I managed to get the lower quarter panel in fiberglass, and covered the foam sections that make up the scoop. Those will be glassed tomorrow hopefully.

Then my doors / quarters will be ready for a couple more layers, and mounting on the car.

Then comes the fenders and upper quarters... Humm... Quite a productive weekend I must say.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 06-04-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Well I guess I could let you all in on these.....

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

They are from a 2000-2002 Sunfire GT. Hard enough to find a place that doesn't want a fortune for them. But I managed it, even got them delivered. hehe.

They wont be going on my car like that. They need to be well... Fiberglassed and modified. Muhahaha.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
using sunfire head lights with that bumper? : 0
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no, I decided against it. I'm going to make a mold of the bumper out of fiberglass and modify it yet.

Just got back from the first fiero meet.. lol humm... I need my 20's.
PFF
System Bot
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good call on not using sunfire headlights, i think they make it look way too much like an MR2
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just love the pop ups... lol
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump before the weekend. I WILL have updates come saturday / sunday. Be sure to keep watching, and well post :P.

New Signature; The Cartoon is coming ALIVE!

------------------

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know, i REALLY like the look of those sunfire tail lights on there. a heck of a lot more than i like the look of them on sunfires, lol.
looks like you've taken a couple other lines from a sunfire as well, and again, they look WICKED. i seriously seriously hope you get a final project close to the rendering, cause that looks hot, and i doubt anybody would recognize it as a fiero
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also like the sunfire ones, however since they do not include the reverse lights within those lights they will not be used. I have my taillights picked out already, as soon as I start fiberglassing that rear end I will be ordering them.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I also like the sunfire ones, however since they do not include the reverse lights within those lights they will not be used. I have my taillights picked out already, as soon as I start fiberglassing that rear end I will be ordering them.

seems like a TEENY TINY problem to add a couple back-up lights to what is basically a completely redesigned car. but i'll be anxiously waiting to see what you have in mind. i hope they look as good as your rendering.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want that rear end to be clean. The whole car actually. No decals, no emblems. The only thing I am going to add to that rear end is a "flip down rear plate", pull a lever and it'll fold inwards and be hidden, and an airbrushed "Custom2M4" in the middle section between the lights.

Those are the taillights I will be using. I am not a huge fan of the carbonfiber, so chances are likely that I will paint the black body color.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 06-09-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Now Now, I promised a bump with an update.

I got most of the panels on for this picture. I haven't fiberglassed the rear clip yet for one good reason. (I have another one in the garage that will be getting the hatchback mod .

Don't mind the rockers, I haven't reallly put any effort into those just yet. Just getting some measurements, drilling holes, fiberglassing panels in place.. etc etc.

I'd love to hear some comments!
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Just a few more here. Obviously I haven't fiberglassed that bumper yet.. so I don't need the hey look he's back to taping parts on his car comments.... hahah.

I will re-do that rocker, I just put that there to give you an idea. It will be just as low as stock. Its not THAT much wider then stock (I just wanted the look and the scoops). Its about 2" wider, so about the same as madcurls.

Thanks for looking guys, reply :P
buger_57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buger_57Send a Private Message to buger_57Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im In Love...can i have one too?
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have thought about making a kit when I am done. We will have to see how this all pans out though in the end. The widebody could EASILY be installed on a stock fiero..

Lower Quarter panels, doors, fenders.. maybe a rear clip and rear bumper.. making it a bolt on.

Like I said, we'll have to see :P. I have 2 years this July 25th to finish the car anyway. hehe for the 25'th show. I'll park right next to madcurl and make him jealous. Lets just say, his rims wont be any bigger.. hehe
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the sides for the widebody but I must say as it sits I do not like the idea of the sunfire bumpers. They are to rounded, but you might be changing that that I don't know. I just don't think they run with the body lines, but thats my opinion. Glass work looks good and I like the overall concept. and can't wait to see it finished
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow coming good whit your Car ,its lot of hard work am sure .Keep us update .... ...Rob
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

I like the sides for the widebody but I must say as it sits I do not like the idea of the sunfire bumpers. They are to rounded, but you might be changing that that I don't know. I just don't think they run with the body lines, but thats my opinion. Glass work looks good and I like the overall concept. and can't wait to see it finished

I can see where you are coming from. The bumpers are quite round. But not for long. I have reason to believe that when the headlight buckets are chopped and they are fitted onto the fenders they will look quite inplace. However at the moment, I am with you on that one. We can only hope they fall into place. Worst comes to worse the front will just go back to my original idea with the GT bumper and a new grill...

Thanks.
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the sides. although i dont understand why the quater panels come down past the door... wouldnt you want them to meet up? sorry, but i dont like the bumpers.. at all. they are so out of place in thier current state its just wierd. but i do like the scoop idea for the sides. well done.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

i like the sides. although i dont understand why the quater panels come down past the door... wouldnt you want them to meet up? sorry, but i dont like the bumpers.. at all. they are so out of place in thier current state its just wierd. but i do like the scoop idea for the sides. well done.

They don't. There is a wide lip on the bottom of the door that is level with the scoop. The front rocker will be re-glassed yet. However I haven't made up my mind wheither I will do it similar to the IRM rockers being connected and smoothed, or having the rockers a seperate piece.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
umm, your doing this too fast chase. don't you know you're supposed to build stuff like this behind closed doors for months if not years at a time...
seriously though, sides look great, can't wait to see how you filet the bumpers to fit
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

umm, your doing this too fast chase. don't you know you're supposed to build stuff like this behind closed doors for months if not years at a time...
seriously though, sides look great, can't wait to see how you filet the bumpers to fit

So basically you are suggesting, that you... and everyone else would prefer that I didn't show pictures of the hatchback that is sitting in my garage? Humm? Wait a couple years... for the car show? Hum? I could probally do that.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep going with the pics I am interested on how it all comes out. Have you looked at the bumpers from some of the RX-7s? I think they wold fit pretty good. I am going to go pic one up this week and see how it would work. I think it's like an 89 RX-7.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock