Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  !!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
!!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! by Custom2M4
Started on: 04-04-2006 07:07 PM
Replies: 333 (25474 views)
Last post by: Mr_jacob7 on 11-13-2009 10:55 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would I want a fiero? Aint that the car that breaks down all the time and catches on fire?

It is smiling, I am about to kill that next time I work on the car.... lol. If you thought yours was alot of work, try building one, tossing it and starting another one. After eating the costs required. This one is coming alot alot nicer then the other one.. It was easy enough for the rear to be widened that other way, but not the front. I want them both done.

Plus I have a couple inches on you already . MINES WIDER! hehehe

As for my supplies, I get them directly from the body shop, I do believe the resin was made from du pont. I love it when I go in there and ask for 5 gal barrels of resin.. He always looks at me and asks for pictures! He'll see it when I want it painted.. hehe

EDIT - Page Pwned!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-12-2006).]

IP: Logged
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To funny 2M4 hehehe .but am sure its going to look awsome when finish Hope to see more pic of it to come as it go ..Rob
fierce_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i be a critic?
why Custom2M4 when you're putting in a V6? that's just wrong man, plain old wrong
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob, It should turn out pretty good. This is just the fun part of playing with all the foam . Then comes the countless hours of sanding... Ohh well I asked for it. at least I won't get someone else to do the finishing sanding like this guy here \/ heheh, just jokes scott.

Custom2M4 - Chase

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

can i be a critic?
why Custom2M4 when you're putting in a V6? that's just wrong man, plain old wrong

It will always be a Fiero 2M4, Its not a GT, its an 1984 Fiero 2M4. I don't mind when people pull up next to me and think its a 4cyl, and get blown away by a blown V6 . I still call the camaro a Z28, it has a 454, a muncie 4spd, 12bolt rear end... All decals, stripes, removed... Is it still a Z28? Is a Civic a Type R because it has an emblem? Or a VTEC engine swap?

Is a fiero a ferrari if you put a ferrari V12 in it? I think not. . Mines still wider !

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-06-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Booya, enough for tonight - On to the bar!

Forshadowing? Muhahaha

It doesn't look that wide, but the tip of the sideskirt is pushing 6" over stock. The actual shape of the side panels are starting to come together quite nicely! I am rather impressed myself. I figured out exactly what I am going to do with the rear end, so its going to look quite a bit like the photoshop actually. Cheers Gears and beers guys! See you on saturday, or sunday because I think thats the "cleaning day" in the garage .

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Booya, enough for tonight - On to the bar!

Forshadowing? Muhahaha

It doesn't look that wide, but the tip of the sideskirt is pushing 6" over stock. The actual shape of the side panels are starting to come together quite nicely! I am rather impressed myself. I figured out exactly what I am going to do with the rear end, so its going to look quite a bit like the photoshop actually. Cheers Gears and beers guys! See you on saturday, or sunday because I think thats the "cleaning day" in the garage .

Lol.. cute

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dunno if I want this signature yet.

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy Chase, I sure could use that Black and White bumper and those rocker panels...... :} See you next week!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
White 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who has pics of those extreme japanese mods?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jap molds?

------------------

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, like these:

they are called bosozuka apparently
PFF
System Bot
Ultimate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UltimateClick Here to visit Ultimate's HomePageSend a Private Message to UltimateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bit off topic of the thread, but I couldn't help but pipe in a bit on this.

It's actually bosozoku. To translate it, boso which the o's are actually long o's, means to run around crazy or out of control. Zoku means like a group.

These guys are a menace on the streets. Honestly. They almost always have bats or chains somewhere, take up every single lane of a street or highway, almost all their cars and motorcycles are stolen, and do nothing but cause trouble. And there are thousands of them. If they pulled the crap that they pull in Japan in Canada or the US, there would be some deaths going on I think. In fact there was one story where somebody had put piano wire across a road that they frequented a lot. The guy (they never found out who) must have been sick of being hassled every single night with the loudness and when a few went by on their bikes, one of them was decapitated. It was about that time that the police decided to crack down on them a bit. At least in that area of the city....

There are some very very weird cars and bikes out there. It's amazing what they get away with too. I've literally watched the cops laugh as they drive by with their revving of engines, swinging of bats and chains etc and holding up miles of traffic.. it's insane.

Anyways, back to the build Nice job by the way.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may be, however these two cars posted look as if they were photoshopped... the white one's quarter panel is blended and distorted...
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be lol ,look like there running on the Rims lol
ovrkild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ovrkildSend a Private Message to ovrkildEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good

------------------
Shaved 86 SE (WIP)

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can pretty well assure you those are real. the site that those were taken from have dozens if not a hundred of pictures of some gathering in a parking lot.
never knew about the crazy driving etc, i just heard they were illegal to drive, but they got away with it cause all they did was drive to parking lots and "gather". lol. not quite the picture you paint
pufnstuf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pufnstufClick Here to visit pufnstuf's HomePageSend a Private Message to pufnstufEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kick em in the nuts
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lmao pufnstuf to funny ..And nice job 2m4 its coming good ..Can,t wait for more..Rob
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey 2M4, great to see that you've gotten underway. Are you doing the yellow or blue design in your sig? Amida.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have enough time to think about it, but I am really set on that blue from porsche... Ohh well one thing at a time , I have a widebody to finish! Then an interior to finish!

Since Fie Ro used the name FIERO GT-R, I guess mine is the FIERO SE-R! lol I think I am going to install a monster wing on the back just for you guys. I'm thinking... 3 - 4 feet tall..

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Awe I guess I should bump this... With a little update.. The garage is sooo clean now, so I was able to find a few of the tools I lost

I told you it was going to get good soon.......... Dun Dun Dun.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

The front fender will be widened in the front as well, this is just to give me an idea of my cuts for the mid section. So don't worry about that. Perhaps my guesses on how wide the front was going to be was a little wrong... hehehe, By the looks of the tape shown above, its a 4" widebody all the way around the car! I kind of wanted to make it look a little squarish still. Don't worry I can still fit massive tires on the rear, now I can just run massive tires on the front!

Cont... Your refresh button is your friend... about 10 more pictures to come....

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the one thing I realllllly wanted to change when I did this rear end was the quarter panels, the rear end and well... The trunk. Fiero trunks are well, fiero trunks.. I wanted something a little different.

Before you start getting mad at me for destroying a decent decklid... It had survived a fiero fire! the passenger corner was roasted, making it a good experimental decklid. Poor fiero.

Ohhhhhhhh....

CONT - Your refresh button is your friend!

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
This should give you a good idea of how I am doing the rear bumper.. I have another panel that I didn't show you in this picture. It will come sooner or later ... muahhahahahaha.

Does it still look like a fiero? If it does, my mission isn't finished yet... After all this body work is done, She'll need a good choptop, targa top, and lambo doors. Curly watch out I'ma comin buddie!

I don't know how many of my neighbors actually walked by my house just to look at my car in the last week or so... Maybe they are curious as to why my fiero is pink? , this color is starting to grow on me!

Thats it for now! Thanks guys! Lets hear what you think, and not about me liking pink!

------------------

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so it's not just old ladies telling you to turn down your subs?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This may be, however these two cars posted look as if they were photoshopped... the white one's quarter panel is blended and distorted...

Raindrop on the lens

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting window you have taped in...What is the donor? Also, how will you match one side to the other?

Bob

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Interesting window you have taped in...What is the donor? Also, how will you match one side to the other?

Bob

Matching sides isn't hard, before I start sanding / and fiberglassing these panels they will come off, and get the measurements transfered unto the extra foam. Then comes the preparation and sanding, and then the fiberglass.

As for the window its not so much a donor window as a new GT window that will get cut to shape. I like the notchbacks, and I like the shape of the GT windows but they are far too large for me. With a replacement sail for the GT I can cut it to this shape without it snapping and it will already have the contour of the window that is needed. Theres no point in 'inventing the wheel' and having one custom made when there is already one out there for a couple hundred dollars.

The quarter panels will also get extended, I don't plan on having two parts of the decklid open, the other portion was thrown out. The engine compartment will open like a hatchback.

Some people that have seen this thread think I am out of my mind, and even some comments have been said about how I am using caravan parts. I don't mind using parts from civics if it turns out alright. Even fie ro's car used a civic bumper to start. Some people have no faith, but this will turn out amazing if they like it or not.

I have always been tempted to just stop showing you guys what I am doing until its completed, probally because of people like that, but its still fun seeing what you guys think. Wheither or not you think I am crazy for doing what I am. Besides I think I am crazy anyways .

Custom2M4,
Chase.

UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I WAS PLANNING THE SAME THING FOR THE DECKLID! (opening engine and trunk separate)

I first saw that idea on an MR2 and thought it would be a great thing to do to my fiero to make it different.

Are you not doing that because you want to make it hatchback? or did you run into a problem?

Its looking good so far, Keep us all posted

[This message has been edited by UCFieroCharger (edited 04-10-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been done, I want something different. I want a hatch with a nice window, and vents. The trunk will open separately. I can't see it being a problem, you can just use another latch from another decklid, and another striker. easy enough. I hope that works out for you!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people that have seen this thread think I am out of my mind, and even some comments have been said about how I am using caravan parts. I don't mind using parts from civics if it turns out alright. Even fie ro's car used a civic bumper to start. Some people have no faith, but this will turn out amazing if they like it or not.

Dude, You are crazy. But aren't we all. Keep posting. I want to see how you do it because eventually I will follow in your footsteps.
The reason I asked about the glass was that it looks like the shape of the Sunfire window. You mentioned using the lights, so I thought you might be using some glass.

Bob

Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guit waching DR Phill lol to see where you are at now whit your fiero coming perty good ..Keep it up
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR -

I never actually thought about using different glass from other cars, didn't really think about that. I just thought it would be easier to use glass that I know follows the shape of the windows. Good call though. I have the buckets for the sunfire headlights already, I'll do that after everything, so maybe next year .

Yeah I am crazy ! hehe

Newbfiero -

Well its always nice to know that people are actually taking an interest in this project of mine.

---- UPDATES ----

Well I removed most of the foam panels for now. I want the bottom layer to go into the fiberglass stage soon so I am making the copies for the other side right now (boring I know :P) and will start the sanding / glassing this week. I was actually surprised on how close I was on cutting out that door. With the foam off the door, I managed to open the door with no effort at all and it was almost exact to where I wanted it. Thats always a good thing to see! I basically just traced out the stock door panel and made adjustments to the shape I wanted the thing.

Things I want in fiberglass this week... The internal framing and bottom panels. Perhaps the sideskirts but thats pushing it. We'll see how the sanding goes.

Thanks guys!

EDIT - 2 of the panels are sanded and awaiting fiberglass.. Muhahahaha!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-10-2006).]

Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You,ll soon need a break .comming good ..
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the next step will be....

Sorry, couldn't resist with all that pink board you got on there. Interesting thread tho non the less.

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hehe, I like my foam , other then the cost. Its alot better in my mind then using other things. I don't really want to make it out of wood and string, so this will have to do.

Thanks for the interest though.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well the one thing I realllllly wanted to change when I did this rear end was the quarter panels, the rear end and well... The trunk. Fiero trunks are well, fiero trunks.. I wanted something a little different.

Before you start getting mad at me for destroying a decent decklid... It had survived a fiero fire! the passenger corner was roasted, making it a good experimental decklid. Poor fiero.

I'm working on someting similar. My lid was torn from someone trying to get into the trunk and destroying half the lid. Now that the weather's starting to get warmer, fiberglassing is emminent. More ideas will happen once I get the time and cash.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i brought a fiero that someone had done this to. i really don't like it much 'cause both are bolted on unhinged pieces you have to lift off and on. work out some hinges and a good latching system if you really want this 'cause the bolting/unbolting and lift offs get old real quick.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already have ideas to do that, and a little bit more...
pufnstuf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pufnstufClick Here to visit pufnstuf's HomePageSend a Private Message to pufnstufEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

You,ll soon need a break .comming good ..

he will have one, drinking 2night and ladies!!! perhaps wings as well.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
i brought a fiero that someone had done this to. i really don't like it much 'cause both are bolted on unhinged pieces you have to lift off and on. work out some hinges and a good latching system if you really want this 'cause the bolting/unbolting and lift offs get old real quick.

I have my hinges worked out already. It will be a hatch, so the latches won't be hard.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock