Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  EGR Deleted-What to do with vacuum port on underside of throttle body

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
EGR Deleted-What to do with vacuum port on underside of throttle body by Rjberner46
Started on: 04-08-2023 12:23 AM
Replies: 7 (213 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 04-09-2023 12:02 PM
Rjberner46

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have deleted my EGR system with and updated chip. What do I do with the vacuum port under the throttle body that used to go to the solenoid? Leave it open, cap it or tie into another vacuum line? Any help is appreciated. I tried posting earlier but it didn't seem pt work is if there is duplicate post please disregard.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to cap it. If it is left open it would cause a vacuum leak and idle issues.
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like my idle is high when it’s capped. Like 2000 Rpm’s.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rjberner46:

Seems like my idle is high when it’s capped. Like 2000 Rpm’s.

Remove the chip and put things back as they were. Figure out the high idle situation first. Once that is resolved, then install the chip and cap off the vac line where the EGR was. Lots of reasons for high idle and complicating the issue by adding a foreign chip will reduce the opportunity of resolving the issue or receiving qualified help.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoon brings up a good point. Idle at 2k is not normal. Was the high idle before the delete or after?

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 04-08-2023).]

Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2023 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the help. The idle calmed down after a bit. It's never had an idle issue before. I think I still have a bit of a vac leak. getting minor backfires through the intake.
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2023 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rjberner46

50 posts
Member since Jul 2020
I actually took it to a shop to have the idle and backfire fixed and got it back doing the same thing. Left it at the shop and told them and the next day I was told I needed a new fuel pump. Once I capped off the vac on the throttle body there was no more issue with the surging idle. I've used this shop before and I trust the owner but I'm a bit weary of some of his mechanics. The guy that worked on my car there in the past retired and I'm not super happy about that. So I'm trying to avoid taking it to the shop.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2023 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got it worked out. With erratic idle and backfiring it always best to look for a vac leak as the air is unmetered and the car can't adjust properly.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock