L32 Swap with P1673 Code by TurboGN
Started on: 04-17-2022 04:58 PM
Replies: 3 (88 views)
Last post by: TurboGN on 04-19-2022 10:19 AM
TurboGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1988 Fiero GT with an L32. I have a code that comes right back after deleting it.
OBD Code P1673
Engine Hot Lamp Control Circuit
OBD Code P1673
Fan Relay Malfunction – High Speed

My SES light is not on, I can hear the fan working, and it's not overheating.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are two fan relay outputs from the PCM. It appears the programmer didn't program out the second (high speed) fan output diagnostics out of your PCM.

You could either have the PCM reprogrammed to program out that relay, or add the relay at the PCM but connect the output of the relay to nothing. The coil of the 12v relay should connect to unswitched +12v and the other side of the relay coil should connect to the high speed relay output pin.

------------------

Second problem - Fieros have a TEMP light along with the TEMP gauge. Did your harness maker include a lead for the TEMP light? Any chance it works? You couud check for voltage on the HOT light wire at the pcm. that wire when grounded (key on) should illuminate the light in the dash.

If you don't care about the light since you have a gauge anyway, you could also install a dummy light at the PCM and make the trouble go away.
TurboGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2022 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the information, I'll have to check it out today.
TurboGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2022 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was programmed to allow the use of a second fan in the future and doesn't affect anything.
Thank you for the help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock