Fiero 2,5l idle issues by tomdylka
Started on: 08-13-2021 06:48 AM
Replies: 2 (108 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 08-15-2021 01:57 AM
tomdylka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomdylkaSend a Private Message to tomdylkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello folks,
since yesterday I have problems with the idle of my 2.5l Fiero. I think that this problem can have many causes. However, it is noticeable that the speedometer failed at the same time. The rest of the instruments still work but the speed is no longer displayed. Does anyone know a cause that could explain both problems. Personally, I thought more of an electrical problem? I could be wrong.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VSS on Transmission drives the speedo. Then speedo output speed "data" to ECM and Cruise if car have that options.
VSS could be bad or crap wiring to them or speedo itself.

VSS should output low AC volt then car is jack up so you can turn a wheel by hand.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2021 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most wiring failures occur at the connector. Unplug the VSS connector (Yellow and Purple wires) and see if one has been pulled out of it's metal terminal.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock