TPS by meadeka
Started on: 06-25-2021 08:33 PM
Replies: 14 (242 views)
Last post by: meadeka on 07-03-2021 12:58 PM
meadeka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just bought my new TPS feeling very excited to get my fiero to be normal again…. Well I plug my computer in and the new TPS was reading 5 volts off! It is supposed to be at 0 or -1.25 volts. What is my problem here? I know it’s the right TPS because I ordered it from Rock Auto. Please help!

------------------
Kaiden Meade

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well forget I posted that…. Come to find that I had gotten a TPS for a 1985 4.3L Monte Carlo…
Eliredandblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EliredandblackSend a Private Message to EliredandblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced mine and had to bend the arm on the new TPS to get the voltage up. My was a Delco for what that’s worth.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eliredandblack:

...had to bend the arm on the new TPS to get the voltage up.

It's a whole lot better to rotate the TPS rather than bend its metal arm. If the TPS didn't come pre-slotted, it's pretty easy to create slots in the plastic housing.
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2021 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put my new TPS on. It ran well it idled and didn’t die in gear. Then I let it idle for about 10 mins. I come back an hour later to start it to check the voltage and the voltage is right but now it is back to the same problems it had before. I really don’t Understand and it sounds worse

------------------
Kaiden Meade

meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any idea to why my fiero is still acting up? It was working fine then went back to its same problems as im about to list: can’t idle, dies when put in drive or reverse. Doesn’t sound well either. Much help is appreciated

------------------
Kaiden Meade

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try replacing the ignition coil and ignition module with AC delco parts
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have those parts come in tmw and inform you on any difference

------------------
Kaiden Meade

meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2021 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the ignition coil and the ICM….. still same problems. Should I try figuring out how to do an EGR delete?

------------------
Kaiden Meade

meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2021 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

meadeka

37 posts
Member since Mar 2021
I’m running out of possible solutions. I don’t want to have to replace everything that is a possible problem but it seems I’m already heading that way.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by meadeka:

I replaced the ignition coil and the ICM….. still same problems. Should I try figuring out how to do an EGR delete?

Fix your problem first.

PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by meadeka:

I’m running out of possible solutions. I don’t want to have to replace everything that is a possible problem but it seems I’m already heading that way.

Post a video of it running.

"replacing everything that is possible" would at best be a 50/50 chance of fixing what is wrong.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Describe the actual symptoms. How long has this problem been occurring? Was there something that happened that triggered this problem? When did this Fiero last run correctly?

If it's a V6 have the front plugs ever been replaced? How old are the plug wires? Have you checked your fuel pressure while this problem has been occurring?
If so what was it?

Finally what year and what engine are you dealing with?
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s an 86 gt with a 2.8L v6 and the automatic tranny. The way it runs is so weird the car runs smoothly at 50-60 mph but going around 30-45 mph the car surges a lot like for example. The cams in my dads mustang are so big if you drive in 1st gear really slow it surges but a different type of surge obviously. It idles good off of a cold start but after that it normally will die. It also dies when you put it in reverse abs drive. I will post a video shorty of how it sounds
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2021 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

meadeka

37 posts
Member since Mar 2021
I think I finally figured it out…. I was messing with the timing on the distributor and boom. Idles great, doesn’t die when put in reverse or drive. So the distributor was just loose and not timed

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock