Started on: 06-24-2021 06:35 PM
Replies: 11 (312 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 06-28-2021 06:16 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I aquired a 3800 wiring harness and I think I have most of the connectors figured out except
a couple that either I am not reading right or I don`t know what they are.
If anyone can verify, I would appreciate it. Here`s what I have guessed at so far.
CTS...........coolant temp sensor
TPS...........throttle position sensor
IAC............idle air control
MAF...........maf sensor
ALT............alternator wire
Range Switch...to top of trans (shift position)
AC.............air compressor wire
CPS...........crank position sensor
CMP...........cam position sensor
OPSU........oil pressure sending unit
A couple I can`t read and maybe I wrote down wrong.
DRN..........maybe speed sensor?
BACST......no idea
Let me know if you don`t see any that should be on there (not counting grounds or injector wires)
Or the various computer and electrical feed connectors.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post pics of the connectors, or colors of the wires and this should be easy for most to id.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I will get some pics this afternoon.
The wiring has little tags on it but some of them I just can hardly read.
Maybe someone can tell by the connector itself.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m figuring out a little more.
I have these 4 wires I`m not sure of.
Below is labelled ATS / Black & Gray wire

Here are two labelled DRN KNK or LNL DRV KNK or LNL

Here is the 4th labelled BACST Red and Gray wire

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-26-2021).]

G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The two blue wire connectors go to the knock sensors. The dark blue goes to the front bank. The light blue goes to the rear.

Gary
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD,

Do you know the model year the harness was for?

http://www.gmtuners.com/fil...o_L67_PCM_wiring.pdf

Here's a good site for info. http://www.gmtuners.com/

Use an Ohm Meter to probe your connector and identify the pin at the PCM connectors. Some wires don't lead to the PCM. Beware of wire colors in the harness near hot areas in the engine bay. I've found that what was suppose to be a pink wire had faded to white due to the heat. Further into the harness it was the proper color. I also deleted all the wire that had no function for my application such as Auto-Trans, and other accessories.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to see in the photo. I am thinking the two 'Frankenstein" notches on the side of the nose of the connector are the same size. And the wires should be Tan and Black. If so then it is the IAT Intake Air Temp sensor. It kinda makes sense at ATS - Air Temp Sensor.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 06-26-2021).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2021 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
The shape of the last connector could be for the bypass control solenoid (I think they are calling it the Bypass Actuator Control Solenoid T????) Wires normally for this are Pink (switched +12) and Gray (Pin 77 Clear of a 98-02 PCM).

The other connectors it could be

Oil level sensor - on the side of the oil pan. Hardly ever used on a Fiero swap
An "other" vacuum solenoid
The Reverse switch or VSS on NON FIERO manual transmissions.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I’ll check all of that out. The harness is
new so the wires should have no fading. It will probably be easier whe I actually start getting the harness on the engine.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Phonedawgz the bipass solenoid has been removed from my engine. If you are referring to the boost bipass.
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find James L Brown on Facebook he is on a ton of fiero fb groups he makes direct plug and play harness’s for 3800sc
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2021 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Find James L Brown on Facebook he is on a ton of fiero fb groups he makes direct plug and play harness’s for 3800sc

I know James., he is flashing my PCM.
The harness I have is new so I don`t need another.
I`m just figuring out what all of the wiring is for.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock