Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Intake Manifold / Throttle Body Vacuum Ports: What are they called? Where to buy?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Intake Manifold / Throttle Body Vacuum Ports: What are they called? Where to buy? by reinhart
Started on: 05-02-2021 07:40 PM
Replies: 4 (235 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 05-03-2021 03:47 AM
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to get replacement vacuum port fittings or intake manifold fittings, where would I find them? I'm talking about the metal cylinders that the vacuum hoses go on. I've searched online for "throttle body port" "vacuum port" etc and not getting any hits. I'd like to find both the press in fittings as well as the screw in kind. What's the proper name and where can I buy?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hose barb.

Most hardware stores will have brass ones that thread in. The press fit ones are not commonly available, just tap the current hole for a threaded version.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hose barb has the christmas tree fitting on the end. Looking for the ones like the factory ones with a tube and a flanged end.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vac Ports ON TB TBI and carbs are Part of them and not available any other way.

Other vac ports on other thing are often same.

Vac ports that are "screwed into" intake man are mostly NPT fitting can find at many places, mostly at junk yards.
NPT is US National Pipe Threads.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock