87 Fiero Wiring harness by Gingermitch
Started on: 04-09-2021 04:48 PM
Replies: 9 (442 views)
Last post by: Mike in Sydney on 04-27-2021 09:58 AM
Gingermitch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GingermitchSend a Private Message to GingermitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, my first post but I'm building an 87 SE with a 3800sc swap and let just say mistakes were made.

I am hoping someone can shed some light onto some of my wiring issues I have. I mistakenly cut off the junction block that feeds through the firewall of the car. And I am now trying to slolder it back on. My problem is that there are several wires that have the same colors. Are the colors that are the same the same wire and just tie together inside the block or am I totally screwed and I need to be looking for a new harness somewhere?

I have the wires I'm positive about soldered back together. My current plan is to start test each wire individually to see if something starts working. [img]https://images.fiero.nl/userimages/Gingermitch/1 6180012593282382658578142043207.jpg[/img]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<insert ginger comment here>

One wire at a time. See which wire gets power when the circuit is activated.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The good news is that you snipped the wires and the colors should direct the circuit to the matching pin. If you wish to remove the pins and solder/crimp wires to them (the best way), the C500 pins can be easily removed. The connectors have a holding key and when this is removed the pins can be easily pulled out. There are some slight differences on the connections to the connectors of the manual and stick cars.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Gingermitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GingermitchSend a Private Message to GingermitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help
Gingermitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GingermitchSend a Private Message to GingermitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So good and bad news...

I have managed to get all the wires connected to the motor side of the harness... And I have started the motor thankfully! The car runs and drives now, but...

I am now just stumped. I can not get the taillights to work at all. I can take the respective wires out of the taillight side of the harness and add 12v to the wires and get them to light. I have tested the wires coming from the front of the car and I am getting power from my hazards, stoplights, running lights, and my left turn (Can't seem to find the right turn wire). As soon as I put the connecter back together I lose everything. I have tested the actual crimp section of the wire and I still get power through.

Are the white wires on the taillight section of the harness supposed to be a jumper?

If I use the brown wire as a ground I can get my turn signals to work. So I took apart one taillight to see if there was a faulty ground. As far as I can tell I have ground at the lights... I tested it using a 12v test light and hooked it to the positive on my bat and touched the different contacts and it seems to be fine. If there's a better way to test this that would be great to know.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Any help would be much appreciated.
Gingermitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GingermitchSend a Private Message to GingermitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay okay update

I have gotten taillights to work. But I CAN NOT find the right turn signal wire that connects to the c500 connector. There are two dark green wires in the harness that match up with the color of the wire where the right turn signal is in the connector (J8). One is the trunk ajar light and I have no idea what the other one does.

What I don't understand is why there is a second trunk ajar light. There is a separate connector more towards the fire wall that plugs into the trunk. So why do I have another ajar light? Is there a possibility that it's shorted somewhere?
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gingermitch:

What I don't understand is why there is a second trunk ajar light. There is a separate connector more towards the fire wall that plugs into the trunk. So why do I have another ajar light? Is there a possibility that it's shorted somewhere?

Silly question from me but are all the doors closed including the "frunk"?
Gingermitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GingermitchSend a Private Message to GingermitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Silly question from me but are all the doors closed including the "frunk"?

Frunk meaning front trunk?
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2021 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Front trunk = frunk.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2021 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike in Sydney

659 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Double post. Deleted.

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 04-27-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave