3800 with MY8 dustplate by longjonsilver
Started on: 03-04-2021 10:08 AM
Replies: 4 (172 views)
Last post by: pmbrunelle on 03-05-2021 06:15 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dustplate for my MY8 Tranny doesn't fit with the 3800SC in place. It rubs against the flywheel. What to do?

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omit the dustplate?

I haven't had the dustplate on either of my two Fieros.

Just don't stick your fingers down there when the engine is running...

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 03-04-2021).]

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to finish the thread, this is what i did to make it fit the 3800SC

Cut a little bit at a time so as not to cut too much. The holes had to be enlarged and elongated, cuz the MY8 is slightly different from the M19

Now all bolted up. Hope it doesn't rub on the flywheel....

jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Omit the dustplate?

I haven't had the dustplate on either of my two Fieros.

Just don't stick your fingers down there when the engine is running...

Ditto... Did the same with the Northstar. It has the starter in the valley, so the starter bulge on the transmission is wide open... never had a problem.

I guess in theory if you're going on a rallycross and spinning tires on gravel, there might be a risk of a rock going into the bellhousing, but that's pretty remote with a normally mounted starter.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you say MY8, do you really mean the entire MY8, smooth case and all?

The M17 case is recommended for better durability, though if you drive nicely, it might not be necessary.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock