Door hinge maintenance by edfiero
Started on: 03-01-2021 09:45 AM
Replies: 1 (211 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 03-06-2021 11:54 AM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the weekend I worked on my door hinges after getting new pins, bushings and new roller pin assembly from Rodney.

I looked at a lot of threads and saw a number of different ways to tackle this job. And honestly I put it off forever because I didn't want to deal with removing the hinges. I guess I saw a thread or two that said the pins could be changed without removing the hinge, but never saw anyone do the roller without removing the hinge.

I wanted to post this up and say that on a car with no power locks or power windows, that IS totally possible to do pins, bushings AND roller pin assembly without removing the hinge from either side. So if like me, you were procrastinating because you didn't want to remove the hinge, go ahead and go for it.

The only tip I could add is that if you are changing the roller pin, you will need a die grinder or something similar to grind off the end of the pin so it can be removed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to do the roller with the hinge in the car. Care to give us more details as to how you did it? I gave up and just did the pins and bushings but skipped the new roller install.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock