Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What Camshaft do yo have in your LS4 Fiero ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What Camshaft do yo have in your LS4 Fiero ? by streetrod1
Started on: 02-09-2021 06:55 PM
Replies: 3 (192 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 02-16-2021 08:28 AM
streetrod1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetrod1Send a Private Message to streetrod1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im curious what camshaft people are using in their ls4 swaps ? My dod is saying bye bye lol.
Im doing a carbed LS 4
Engine guy wants me to d a Rattler from Howards.
I like scoggins dickie drop in deal?
I wanna gain a lil hp without losing power across curve.
and I gotta keep brake vacuum-but like all I wanna go big as I can .
I already have new stock 4t65e hd converter and worked over 4t65e hd trans .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are doing an engine build you will find that most LS4 cams are cut for MPFI. If LS4 engine swaps are getting great results its almost certain that they employ MPFI cams that may not lend themselves to carbureted applications.
I don't know what you are trying to do by employing ancient technology, but I can tell you that is a WAY INFERIOR method to engine management. I own some classic cars with a carburetor and the inconsistent way they drive is terrible and so is the gas mileage. A carburetor is a stupid device tunable in a very limited RPM and temperature range. MPFI adjusts for all loads, speeds,climatic conditions, optimizes fuel and timing for lowest emissions, maximum efficiency and engine life. You can scan and tune MPFI with a laptop and easily make changes to the tune.
I don't know what state you live in but in all states and at the federal level, carbureted engines newer than around 1980 are illegal and won't pass emissions tests. Get caught and you will face an extremely large fine. The choice is yours.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gary Pickardt is putting a stock LS3 cam out of a Corvette in my build, along with other supporting mods from other LS series engines, like an LS2 intake, etc. Kinda like a frankenstein LS

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LS7 cam is also popular.

I second the MPFI approach. More wiring, sure, but much better performance, fewer long term hassles and the fuel savings will be appreciable if it's driven alot.

And it looks a hell of a lot better and is much more compact for better fitment in anything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock