Muffler delete by Lafiero357
Started on: 02-06-2021 09:00 PM
Replies: 6 (193 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 02-09-2021 08:05 PM
Lafiero357

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lafiero357Send a Private Message to Lafiero357Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried removing there muffler on a stock 2.8 ? I'm replacing my stock cat with a high flow model and was curious how it would sound with just the converter or if it would be obnoxiously loud .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed the muffler on my Formula. Ran a cat and dual resonators.
It sounded good outside, but it droned like hell, inside, with the windows down. You couldn't even carry on a conversation inside the car.
In addition, I could leave a trail of screaming car alarms in my wake, when I drove through our parking garage at work.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-06-2021).]

Lafiero357

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lafiero357Send a Private Message to Lafiero357Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering about that . I have a 2012 Camaro with a 3.6 that had cosiderable drone when I changed the factory mufflers but I added a Magnaflow resonated x pipe and solved the problem .
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a bit more buzz to the exhaust you might want to try a Spintech 13" crossflow muffler. Its very non restrictive, fits nice, available in all in-out pipe sizes and sounds pretty good.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless your making a Trailer Queen race car...
Many Can't "delete" the Muffler because is Illegal in most places and Why many "full flow" Mufflers was invented.
If is "legal" or local cops ignore a loud car, often is a "Ticket Magnet" else where.

"Full flow" Mufflers like old Thrush and Walker "Glass pack" to Magnaflow and others may look "normal" but made different.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

WKDFIRO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did that very thing to my 85 GT. I concur with the others, the drone is considerable. I would come home with my ears ringing. Sounded great outside, no escape from the noise inside and I rarely ever had my sunroof on.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I bought my first 85GT, it only had a converter. My neighbor said he could hear me when I hit the main highway, a mile away. It's actually quieter with the muffler and no cat, and in my opinion, sounds better.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock