Held/Arraut '88 Upper Control Arm & Coilover Bushings by TheBravePaladin
Started on: 02-01-2021 01:48 PM
Replies: 7 (305 views)
Last post by: Will on 02-08-2021 09:59 AM
TheBravePaladin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheBravePaladinSend a Private Message to TheBravePaladinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, just completed front a suspension overhaul on my '88 Fiero. Got new upper/lower ball joints and inner/outer tie rods, but when I went to shake the wheel down to verify everything was tight I noticed the trailing upper control arm bushing was loose I bought the car with a complete Held/Arraut front suspension package preinstalled, that being upper/lower control arms and coilovers. I posted previously about the lower coilover bushings, but I've been having trouble getting any info on them. For one, I contacted Prothane but they needed more info. Honestly, the bushing are so shot I can't comprehend what type of bushing it even is. My question to you lovely folk, specifically those who have experience with the Held/Arraut suspension setup, what bushings do I need for the control arms and coilovers? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have guessed that Held/Arraut used the stock Fiero bushings. You can take some measurements (length, minor diamter, major diameter, inside diameter) and compare to what Prothane or Energy have on their products.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The poly bushings I have used all have had a number molded in the end opposite the flange. I have a spare set of lower control arms and the bushings have 2621 on them. Your front bushings probably have a number also. Call Energy Suspension and Prothane with the bushing number and they should be able to help you.
TheBravePaladin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2021 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheBravePaladinSend a Private Message to TheBravePaladinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for the help! By the grace of God I was somehow able to track down the owner of Arraut and he gave me all the info I need, including what adjustable shocks they used in the coilover kit. They are indeed factory bushings and the shocks are a QA1 replacement part. Just bought the bushings and shocks
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2021 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you post the information here in case others need it.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2021 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

Would you post the information here in case others need it.

I agree. Please share this info for the rest of us who might need it in the future.
TheBravePaladin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheBravePaladinSend a Private Message to TheBravePaladinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, sorry I had notifications turned off for the post. For anyone who is wondering, the bushings for the control arms are the same bushings used in the ‘88 stock control arms. I don’t have a part number for that but I ordered some prothane ones off of eBay and I’ll post the part number as soon as they come in. As far as the shocks go, they’re QA1 DS402 coilover shocks with a QA1 SS110SDM top mount adapter. The coilovers can be purchased on Jegs and the top mounts are only available through QA1. Hope this helps, and I’m sorry for the delay! I’ve also attached a pic of the shock sans adapter.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a photo of the adapter?

Edit: Summit carries it: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qa1-ss110sdm

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 02-08-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock