Upper intake bolt size 2.8 by Jace
Started on: 01-31-2021 12:21 PM
Replies: 4 (608 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-05-2021 12:41 PM
Jace

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JaceSend a Private Message to JaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Broke both bolts connecting the throttle cable bracket to the upper intake and don't want to buy a whole new intake bolt set. Was wondering what the exact length and thread size is so I can just buy two bolts up at the hardware store.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember the exact thread size. I know they're 8mm diameter, but don't remember the thread pitch. But it's the same as the long intake bolts. So you can bring one of the long bolts to the store, and match it up. The short bolts are only about 3/4" (20mm?) long.
oneinch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oneinchSend a Private Message to oneinchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The long bolts are M8x1.25 55mm long. You can use longer bolts because they screw into through holes. Unbelievably McMaster Carr doesn't have these bolts (I wasn't expecting chrome form them), but they do have them up to 30mm. Click here to see them. They have the correct size bolts in a standard hex head though. Click here to see them. These might be tough to find at a hardware store. I'm lucky to have a warehouse nearby, otherwise MC is mail order only.

------------------
Stanton
'88 Formula, red on gray

[This message has been edited by oneinch (edited 02-04-2021).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:
I know they're 8mm diameter, but don't remember the thread pitch.

The vast majority of Fiero bolts are metric coarse thread.

Here are some suitable ARP bolts on Summit Racing.

Cut and paste the link below into your browser:

www.summitracing.com/
search/brand/arp/department/
fasteners-hardware/section/bolts?N=department%3Afasteners-hardware%2Bsection%3Abolts%2B
part-type%3Abolts-and-screws%2Bfastener-size%3A8mm-x-1-25-rh%2Bfastener-finish%3Apolished%2B
fastener-head-style%3Aflanged-12-point&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=arp&kr=arp

I don't know what lengths are required, but ARP has a broad selection of lengths.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock