Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Looking for advice on width and offset size for new wheels.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking for advice on width and offset size for new wheels. by Threedog
Started on: 01-14-2021 02:43 PM
Replies: 0 (171 views)
Last post by: Threedog on 01-14-2021 02:43 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be getting new wheels (and tires obv) in the spring, and I was wondering if people had suggestions.

I LOVE my 17s, I think they are perfect for the car, so I would like to maintain that. I also have corvette C5 brakes in the front (that the 17s barely clear) and coilovers in the back with a 3800SC and the 87 5-Speed.

I was thinking of staggering the sizes, possibly going 9-10 inches wide in the back (I have coilovers in the back so 10 should fit) and 8-8.5 in the front. My two concerns:

- What should the offset be for C5 brakes in the front? I want to make sure they fit.

- Am I asking for a broken trans with 10 inch wheels and tires in the back? I am a little worried that if I drive hard with a 3800 and that much traction the trans might become the weak point.

Also, if anyone has a good looking set of shoes on their Fiero and wants to post a picture for inspiration, feel free.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock