Fuel pump relay by AL
Started on: 01-06-2021 11:37 AM
Replies: 4 (402 views)
Last post by: AL on 01-10-2021 06:51 PM
AL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just changed out my ecm on my Indy,the car works great but at start up I don’t here the fuel pump prime up,but eventually it does with the the oil pressure relay starting the car. what wire primes the fuel pressure relay to activate? Also the relays are new also.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neroSend a Private Message to neroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello AL, take a look at the post below. This should be the wire you are looking for. The previous owner had my Feiro wired up with the power wire for the relay hooked to the power post of the ignition coil so the relay would come on when the car was started. It took me a little bit of time but by using the trouble shooting chart from the factory service manual I traced it back to a bad ECM as the ECM controls when to turn on the relay. I took out the wiring noted in the post, installed the new ECM and all was good.

As you know, now adays, new does not sometimes mean that it works out of the package. So potentially, the ECM or the new relay may not be good. Do you have the factory service manual with the trouble shooting chart? If not let me know and I may be able to grab some screen shots to send you.

Also, not sure of the reason for swapping out the ECM, but if the fuel pump worked before, you could try putting the old one back in and if the fuel pump works now it is most likely the ECM.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/143123.html

[This message has been edited by nero (edited 01-10-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can test your fuel pump by energizing it from the ALDL connector. Putting a pressure gauge on the fuel rail beforehand will indicate if the pressure comes up to spec and if the pump is functioning properly.
Terminal G is used to test the operation of the fuel pump without removing the tank or unplugging the relay.
Apply 12 volts directly to terminal G and the fuel pump should run and have pressure at the fuel rail.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-10-2021).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a more in-depth explanation of the fuel pump relay wiring: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144192.html

Hope that helps.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, thank you ,I will check out the wiring and take it from there, black tree thanks for the wire schematics .

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock