Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What's widest rim size on front for an '86 / stock suspension?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's widest rim size on front for an '86 / stock suspension? by Squall86GT
Started on: 11-18-2020 11:20 PM
Replies: 7 (218 views)
Last post by: Will on 11-20-2020 12:24 PM
Squall86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Squall86GTSend a Private Message to Squall86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Squall86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2020 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Squall86GTSend a Private Message to Squall86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm researching wheels. Hmm, looks like I also need to know hub size, min offset and max offset - anyone know those?
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda silly to only run wheels on your car
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. Please use the search function, this question has been asked 1357 times. If you don't want to use the Pennocks search, you can type this into google | site:fiero.nl widest wheels | then in the future, you can replace any keyword you want after the .nl and it will search Pennocks for that keyword.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 11-19-2020).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been doing some cal-cul-a-mating and found out something interesting; The C7 Grand Sport has 285 mm tires up front and 335 mm tires in back. My 1985 SE V6 Fiero weighs 2600 lbs (No AC/PW/PM) The C7 GS weighs approx' 3600 lbs...The ratio is 1.38 to 1.

So those 285 mm tires up front come down to 205 mm wide tires.

The 335 mm rears come down to 245 mm wide......

Too much >>Un-Sprung<< (And ROTATIONAL) weight will KILL the performance of your Fiero...Keep the wheels and tires as light as possible....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Welcome to the forum. Please use the search function, this question has been asked 1357 times. If you don't want to use the Pennocks search, you can type this into google | site:fiero.nl widest wheels | then in the future, you can replace any keyword you want after the .nl and it will search Pennocks for that keyword.

Rob

Normally I don't comment on this but because it is a wheel question, I'll have to agree with you. This topic has been covered almost once a week and has been beaten to death on here.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right click and SAVE this picture (it will larger and readable)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-20-2020).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've run C5 Corvette 18x9.5-61 rears on the rear of my '87 with 1" spacers/adapters. That means that an 18x9.5-36 would fit (61-25=36). On an '84-'87 car, you can downsize that to 17x9.5-36 without the wheel hitting the knuckle.

Why am I talking about the rear when you asked about the front?
Well for Fieros near the stock V6/stick weight distribution (~45/55), the front wheel & tire want to be 80% as wide as the rear for best handling. That means max out the rear and then go 80% of that on the front.
That results in a 7.5" wide front wheel, which is an easy fit.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 11-20-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock