No Crank by gomoboo
Started on: 11-09-2020 05:32 PM
Replies: 4 (102 views)
Last post by: Rexgirl on 11-10-2020 03:54 PM
gomoboo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gomobooSend a Private Message to gomobooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to pull the car into the garage last night. Turn the key to start, and nothing. No click, lights don't dim, nothing. I moved the shift lever (automatic) back and forth, tried to start in neutral. Still nothing. The only thing I did notice is, when I turn the key to the start position, the temp gauge pegs out. How would the start system have any effect on the temp gauge? I don't seem to be getting power down to the solenoid. I had the wife hold the switch, and my test light didn't activate at the solenoid. I guess I will take a look at the ignition switch. Has anyone experienced the temp gauge oddity? Thanks..85 Fiero, 4 cylinder, automatic, Thanks for any help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pegging temp guage is a known issue. See http://w.gafieroclub.org/te...e%20works%20normally for a fix.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 11-09-2020).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the adjustable steering column? Try moving that around a bit to get the ignition switch on the column working.
gomoboo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gomobooSend a Private Message to gomobooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

The pegging temp guage is a known issue. See http://w.gafieroclub.org/te...e%20works%20normally for a fix.

Thanks for that info. I guess I never noticed it until now!
Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do not have power on the starter wire at the ignition switch, it may not be a failed switch. The ignition SW is adjustable and may have moved out of proper position. It is clamped by two fasteners which also hold the headlight dimmer switch (the blue ignition switch is on top):

There is also a bracket that depresses the ignition switch that can bend out of shape. See 'Ogre's Cave-interior-steering' for information.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock