Difference in fuel pumps? by 842m4SE
Started on: 11-06-2020 06:53 PM
Replies: 2 (302 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-08-2020 10:22 AM
842m4SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, I got my tank and the fuel sender unit out and am working on replacing the fuel pump. I noticed though that the wiring setup is different, the one I am taking out has the setup shown in Brocephus' guide, but the one I have (which came with my car when I bought it from the last owner) has a different setup with a plug with 2 wires coming from it, it is the precision fuel pump which can be seen here: https://www.oreillyauto.com.../pontiac/fiero?pos=0
Should I install this one? And if so, how should I go about it? Thanks for reading.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2020 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXSend a Private Message to FXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delphi is the best. I'm pretty sure it's OEM. so it will hook right up...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nearly all current fuel pumps are manufactured in China by several independent contractors and reboxed/rebranded. The only one that we have found that isn't is the Bosch brand that is manufactured in their own factory in Brazil. The Bosch 69225 fuel pump has proved to be reliable. The one on my 3800SC is 7 years old and still going strong.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock