Collector pipe with 180 bend by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 11-05-2020 11:05 PM
Replies: 7 (255 views)
Last post by: pontiacfierokid1985 on 11-08-2020 01:10 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyone one here with a 3800sc that made or make the exhaust pipe with the 90 degree bend going into a 180 degree bend for the spintech muffler. I have been to 2-3 shops and none can make this style exhaust for me
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pauls custom exhaust in taunton MA has done both my swap exhausts.
he's a good guy and is fair.

I chose to cut my trunk, but i don't doubt he'd be able to do what you're asking.

Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used stainless butt weld close 90 degree pipe fittings on my 3800 exhaust, the shop welded 2 of them to make a 180 degree bend. It worked out great. Another option is an exhaust donut, you just cut out whatever bend you need. I also used V band clamps in case I ever need to remove the exhaust.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ma...9:g:kxUAAOSwk3NdXZ1b

I bought the fittings and found a shop that could use them to fab the exhaust.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

pauls custom exhaust in taunton MA has done both my swap exhausts.
he's a good guy and is fair.

I chose to cut my trunk, but i don't doubt he'd be able to do what you're asking.

Yea the car was at Paul’s for 3 days he finally got it in the shop and called immediately I emailed him pics of how I wanted it done without cutting the trunk. He then called me back and told me one of his clouts was going to start cutting the trunk to make the spintech muffler fit. I told him just leave the car out in the your parking lot I’m on my way to pick it up. It can be done without cutting the trunk I just don’t have access to a bender or hydraulic expander to open pipes to slide into one an other. I’m going to try. Tuners on 138 in raynham hopefully they will be able to do it
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Yea the car was at Paul’s for 3 days he finally got it in the shop and called immediately I emailed him pics of how I wanted it done without cutting the trunk. He then called me back and told me one of his clouts was going to start cutting the trunk to make the spintech muffler fit. I told him just leave the car out in the your parking lot I’m on my way to pick it up. It can be done without cutting the trunk I just don’t have access to a bender or hydraulic expander to open pipes to slide into one an other. I’m going to try. Tuners on 138 in raynham hopefully they will be able to do it

ahhh. bummer. goodluck!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people run a 3800 S/C exhaust like this without needing to cut up the trunk.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-2-093572.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-06-2020).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:
I used stainless butt weld close 90 degree pipe fittings on my 3800 exhaust, the shop welded 2 of them to make a 180 degree bend. It worked out great. Another option is an exhaust donut, you just cut out whatever bend you need. I also used V band clamps in case I ever need to remove the exhaust.

Ditto.

With pre-bought bends (available in rather tight radii), and butt welding, you don't need a tubing expander, nor a bender.

Also, lap joints take up a certain amount of pipe length; it's easier to package butt welds where space is at a premium.

I found that 180° bends are the most versatile, since they include a bend, and include a straight segment on each leg which is often handy.

Cut and trim the bends until they follow the required path. Work from one end to the other, or from both ends, meeting in the middle.

I find it's good to work from one end to the other, or to work from opposing ends and make both sides meet in the middle.

My exhaust in progress:

Start with masking tape/Sharpie, tack as you become certain of things, and eventually finish weld.

OP, in your place, I would buy 2 or 3 (to allow for scrap) 180° U-bends, then hand it to the exhaust shop, and ask them to make it work with the supplied bends and butt welding.

Said exhaust shop probably needs to be the fancy kind of place that TIG welds everything, not Mister Muffler with aluminized crush-bends.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 11-06-2020).]

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out this page from Summit Racing https://www.summitracing.com/parts/flo-8425810

Anyone try this muffler on there 3800sc Fieros feel like this is gonna be wicked loud.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock