AC Heater Removal by LoveBirds
Started on: 11-04-2020 08:43 PM
Replies: 5 (118 views)
Last post by: LoveBirds on 11-05-2020 01:10 PM
LoveBirds

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all I need some help, I got a little over zealous removing the AC system and hoses till I was in the engine bay and realized one hose was going into the water pump!

So I have pretty much everything removed but the radiator and send/return lines from radiator to engine.

I do not wish to have heat or AC so what all do I need to put back in?

This is an 86 GT (did have AC and cruisecontrol, 5spd)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoveBirds:

I do not wish to have heat or AC so what all do I need to put back in?

Not sure why you'd never want heat/defogger, but... don't cap off the two hoses that go to the heater core. Coolant going through the heater core is the "pressure relief" when the thermostat is closed. So yes, you can bypass the heater core, but don't restrict the flow.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Not sure why you'd never want heat/defogger, but... don't cap off the two hoses that go to the heater core. Coolant going through the heater core is the "pressure relief" when the thermostat is closed. So yes, you can bypass the heater core, but don't restrict the flow.
Yup, See my Cave, Heater as most car have same plumbing whether or not have metered port.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

LoveBirds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Thanks for this, I will reinstall heater core and piping for it. Can I leave the AC Condenser off?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store sells a heater core bypass coupling. It goes between the two hose ends at the front where you disconnect from the heater core. The AC stuff can be eliminated, but it may be best to leave the condenser core in place so that the blender door works properly, closing off outside air flow when you want. I'm not sure how that works internally, but AC and Non-AC HVAC boxes are different for a reason.

https://www.fierostore.com/...px?s=52490&d=157&p=1

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-05-2020).]

LoveBirds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ordered the coupler!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock