Fuel pump relay wiring weirdness by 842m4SE
Started on: 11-03-2020 04:57 PM
Replies: 2 (572 views)
Last post by: CSM842M4 on 11-05-2020 06:13 PM
842m4SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, just dropped the tank and have all the hoses disconnected one way or another. The only thing left is the wiring and the fuel pump relay to disconnect. The only thing is I can't seem to find which relay it is. I've looked all over in my manual(s) and I can't find it, and the 84's wiring is very different from other years. The wires also seem to go into taped or wrapped bundles, so how do I get the tank and the wires free?

[This message has been edited by 842m4SE (edited 11-03-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tank wire disconnect is 3 pin weather pack (C502) on firewall just above the tank tunnel, below two wire bulkhead pass thru seals.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

CSM842M4

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CSM842M4Send a Private Message to CSM842M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Listen to the ogre! The connector can be a heartbreaker to find, but if you follow the wires up to the engine compartment, you will eventually find it. I've disconnected and re-connected it both from under the car and leaning over it, but you gotta want it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock