Spindle and Power Steering by DefenderMG23
Started on: 11-03-2020 02:23 PM
Replies: 7 (222 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 11-06-2020 11:37 AM
DefenderMG23

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefenderMG23Send a Private Message to DefenderMG23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know some information about swapping spindles on the 84-86 GT in order to change rotors/hubs and brakes to something more common and easier to obtain. I am thinking about the power steering modification using Camaro/Firebird steering rack and an electric power steering pump from maybe a Volvo. PS is a wife request, hubs would give additional options for wheels etc. Your guidance and knowledge of the subject would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's too bad something like a Mustang II front end isn't made.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hdt-pm-320-e-k

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a member named BubbaJoe who installed Corvair hubs on a car that he was building, but it's been a while.
I have no idea what else he changed in order to accommodate the Corvair hubs (which also, coincidentally, worked with really common GM wheels. Specifically Corvette and Camaro.)

DefenderMG23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefenderMG23Send a Private Message to DefenderMG23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Sound and Raydar. Appreciate the information.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own an 88, but have had several pre88. I did not know the 84-87 was hard to find?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

There was a member named BubbaJoe who installed Corvair hubs on a car that he was building, but it's been a while.
I have no idea what else he changed in order to accommodate the Corvair hubs (which also, coincidentally, worked with really common GM wheels. Specifically Corvette and Camaro.)

Sh!t... Those would be even tougher to find...

There doesn't appear to be any shortage of choice for front 84-87 rotor/hub.
https://www.rockauto.com/en...wheel+hub,rotor,1896

DefenderMG23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefenderMG23Send a Private Message to DefenderMG23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Sound and Raydar. Appreciate the information.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DefenderMG23:

I am thinking about the power steering modification using Camaro/Firebird steering rack and an electric power steering pump from maybe a Volvo. .

See post by Spoon
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144010.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock