Fiero wheel studs sizes by Meatpiemonday
Started on: 10-25-2020 12:44 PM
Replies: 3 (124 views)
Last post by: Meatpiemonday on 10-25-2020 03:28 PM
Meatpiemonday

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm about to start my Lebaron brake upgrade and when I was about to press in my longer studs I noticed that I had 2 different sized wheel stud nurled bases. One hub rotor had the smaller stud i assume a factory replacement rotor and the other one had the larger wheel studs I assume aftermarket part rotor. Has anyone come across this and if so what part number wheel stud did you use for the larger stud
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are converting OEM rotors to hubs, then the longer stud is Dorman PN 610-323 Qty:10

However, if you are using new aftermarket hubs, then the holes for the wheel studs are sometimes larger and you need another stud option. Here is a side by side of the stock fiero wheel stud and the one from the aftermarket hubs with the larger shank:

So if stock fiero wheel studs don't fit the hub hole, then use this part number: Dorman 610-427. It has a stepped shank and will fit the hole in the rotor while still retaining the M12-1.5 thread pitch.
Here is what these studs look like installed. Notice it has slightly more than 1 7/16" threaded length, but more importantly notice the protruding shank:

To use these wheel studs you will need to bevel or enlarge the backside of your brake rotor holes so they slide over the enlarged shank.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:
So if stock fiero wheel studs don't fit the hub hole, then use this part number: Dorman 610-427. It has a stepped shank and will fit the hole in the rotor while still retaining the M12-1.5 thread pitch.

That might work for people with 5x115mm GM hubs who would wish to convert them to 5x4.5" by machining oversized stud holes, slightly offset from the existing ones.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 10-25-2020).]

Meatpiemonday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again this website and the experts who answer questions like mine...THANK YOU! Thanks for the photos and part numbers. I will be getting those wheel studs tomorrow!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock