No fuel by MilesPrower
Started on: 10-25-2020 07:52 AM
Replies: 12 (154 views)
Last post by: moophatcow on 10-25-2020 05:02 PM
MilesPrower

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found out my 86 GT will run, but I’m not getting fuel. I’ve already replaced the pump and the relay. The fuse was still good. I’m still not getting fuel. I think I may have a wire crossed or something.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check for fuel pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail.
MilesPrower

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already done. No fuel pressure. Nothing from the pump.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can hear the pump running when you turn the key, there must be a leak inside the tank.
MilesPrower

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pump is not running at all, even being brand new.
It’s a Delphi pump if that’s useful.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can check for power at various points.
You can also send 12V power directly to fuel pump at ALDL port connector.

Keep in mind power from ECM to relay is only 2-3 seconds at Key-On.
It's continuous once engine is running and ECM sees reference signal from distributor.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

MilesPrower

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pump is not priming at all in any position of the key. The engine will start on starting fluid, but the pump is not doing anything. I don’t know how I’m going to put 12V to the ALDL port without a tool and I’m waiting for the funds to come in to get a probe.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MilesPrower:

I don’t know how I’m going to put 12V to the ALDL port without a tool and I’m waiting for the funds to come in to get a probe.

"Tool"? Got a paper clip? Jump 12v from the cigarette lighter which is right beside the ALDL port.

MilesPrower

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cigarette lighter is taken out.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MilesPrower:

The cigarette lighter is taken out.

The wiring is removed as well?

MilesPrower

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilesProwerSend a Private Message to MilesProwerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interior is taken apart a little, just the center console and the driver door. I don’t know where the wiring for the lighter is, so I can’t plug it in.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

However it's done, applying 12v to the ALDL fuel pump terminal isn't an onerous task.
moophatcow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2020 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moophatcowSend a Private Message to moophatcowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the relay for it on the driver's side under the vent should be 2 one for the ac and one for pump try tapping on it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock