T-Top trim removal by Chief08
Started on: 10-23-2020 02:27 PM
Replies: 2 (116 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 10-24-2020 07:55 PM
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to remove these trim pieces from my t-tops so I can paint them, however, I can't get them to come off. Either the pins are in the way, or lock is o in the way depending on how I move the trim piece and I don't want to break it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chief

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember it being a PITA. Move the handle just enough to pull the pins in, push the lock in, and then pull it both towards the outside of the car (down in this picture), and simultaneously slide it sideways (I think to the right in this pic) to pop it over that pin. Once over that pin you can shift the lever a bit, slide the trim left-in-this-pic and pop it over the other pin.

I say "pop" as I recall using a plastic spatula to veeeery gently bend the ends of the trim a bit to get them over the pins. Alternately, you can try squeezing the ends of the trim (top and bottom sides in this pic) to make the end (side-in-this-pic) pop out just a bit, again to get it over the pin.

Hope that helps.

-- A

Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

I remember it being a PITA. Move the handle just enough to pull the pins in, push the lock in, and then pull it both towards the outside of the car (down in this picture), and simultaneously slide it sideways (I think to the right in this pic) to pop it over that pin. Once over that pin you can shift the lever a bit, slide the trim left-in-this-pic and pop it over the other pin.

I say "pop" as I recall using a plastic spatula to veeeery gently bend the ends of the trim a bit to get them over the pins. Alternately, you can try squeezing the ends of the trim (top and bottom sides in this pic) to make the end (side-in-this-pic) pop out just a bit, again to get it over the pin.

Hope that helps.

-- A

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock