Outer CV joints by 60Greyhound
Started on: 10-19-2020 04:10 PM
Replies: 3 (342 views)
Last post by: 60Greyhound on 10-21-2020 01:58 PM
60Greyhound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 60GreyhoundSend a Private Message to 60GreyhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone reccomend a supplier for new outer CV joints? I have new inners to go with my gearbox and will be getting custom shafts made to suit. I can't find them on Rockauto/Fiero store or any of the common sites, only complete shafts which are no good to me.
International shipping (UK) is a must please.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find UK axle builder.
Take Fiero outer to them and let them match the unit w/ right splines etc to match new shaft.
If they are good, might be able to use them as is or fix them.

Many outer CVs even across car brands are about same types and shouldn't be hard for a good axle shop.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 60Greyhound:

Can anyone reccomend a supplier for new outer CV joints? I have new inners to go with my gearbox and will be getting custom shafts made to suit. I can't find them on Rockauto/Fiero store or any of the common sites, only complete shafts which are no good to me.
International shipping (UK) is a must please.

What gearbox are you using? I assume since you're having custom shafts made and can't go to the same place where you bought your inners to get GM outers that you're using some other transmission.

Beware... stock Fiero outers are a weak link with high powered builds.
60Greyhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 60GreyhoundSend a Private Message to 60GreyhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

What gearbox are you using? I assume since you're having custom shafts made and can't go to the same place where you bought your inners to get GM outers that you're using some other transmission.

Beware... stock Fiero outers are a weak link with high powered builds.

I'm using the F40 box, I've been given details of Saab models that should match up which I can get hold of quite easily. Hopefully it should all stand up to it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock