Zettner Brake upgrade questions by jjd2296
Started on: 10-18-2020 02:57 PM
Replies: 6 (477 views)
Last post by: pmbrunelle on 10-22-2020 06:10 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you that have done the zettner brake upgrade do you find that when driving at low speeds that you can hear the front brake pads clanking over bumps etc ? I swear I’m hear it and. Have redone the front end I had used some hi temp silicone when I installed the front pads and no noise but I assume the silicone has come loose now.

I am considering upgrading to the Wilwood dual piston aluminum callipers. D52 Anyone have experience with those?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have experience with the dual piston calipers. But I did use the Wilwood single piston D154 replacement. They're very well made, definitely worth the money. Plus, they're noticeably lighter than the cast iron GM calipers.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-18-2020).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No brake pad clanking?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None that I remember.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had single piston and now I run dual piston Wilwoods. I had some clanking with the singles but if I recall it turned out to be not the calipers but I do not remember what it was. I really like my wilwoods, light and the red powder coat looks great too.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willwood #120-11872-RD

Above is the part # for the dual piston Wilwoods I presently use. The total piston area is 4.12 sq" compared to 4.9 sq" for a single piston 2.5" bore caliper. The large bore calipers tend to make the right front lockup problem worse. There are even smaller bore Wilwoods available that have been used on the front wheels with some success.
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Willwood #120-11872-RD

Above is the part # for the dual piston Wilwoods I presently use. The total piston area is 4.12 sq" compared to 4.9 sq" for a single piston 2.5" bore caliper. The large bore calipers tend to make the right front lockup problem worse. There are even smaller bore Wilwoods available that have been used on the front wheels with some success.

The single piston 2.25" front calipers I had on my old Fiero work out to 3.98 square inches.

Pretty close to yours, just a hair less.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 10-22-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock