84-87 good rear coilover kit? by DimeMachine
Started on: 10-18-2020 09:03 AM
Replies: 4 (56 views)
Last post by: ltlfrari on 10-18-2020 12:16 PM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to finally convert my rear to coilovers.

1. There is a popular thread on PFF about building you own but the links for parts no longer work.

2. Ground control's look to be to short and not a good option. Anyone use these with good results?

3. West Coast Fiero has an offering . Feedback anyone?

4. Hoping someone has a great option based upon first hand experience.

Thank you!

Dime

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I offer coilover kits in various stages as well:
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/076627.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=267

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 10-18-2020).]

DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I offer coilover kits in various stages as well:
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/076627.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=267

Well I am glad I asked fieroguru - thanks for the response! For some reason I was thinking your stuff was only for 88's.

I have a 3800 SC/4t65e HD - I believe (but it is a guess) the combo probably weight 100lbs +/- more than a 2.8 the stock Fiero 5 speed getrag.

For the past several years I have run with slightly cut rear springs (I think they are Fiero V6 springs) with the top hat flipped and my deck lid clearanced to fit. I have no complaints what so ever except they look.......STOCK. I would not want it much firmer or softer - pretty close to what I have....
Based upon what I have said, what spring rate would you suggest?

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear coilovers are largely universal, so I offer them for all years of the Fiero. The only major difference is which set of holes in the strut hat I weld in the studs (84-87 have different bolt pattern than 88s, but the strut hats I use have both patterns).

I normally recommend springs in the 200 to 250 lb/in for those looking for close to stock level firmness.
I bias towards the lower end for stock engine/manual transmission applications and heavier engine/transmission swaps I bias toward the upper end.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 10-18-2020).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageClick Here to Email ltlfrariSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or build your own. See my web site for how I did mine.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock