What is the deal with C500? by lyleap-gmc
Started on: 10-17-2020 01:43 PM
Replies: 3 (166 views)
Last post by: theogre on 10-20-2020 02:08 PM
lyleap-gmc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lyleap-gmcSend a Private Message to lyleap-gmcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many variations of pin and wiring layout exist for C500. I am putting a V6 in a 1984 car. Everyone seems to have a different take on what is powered or senses through C500.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't quote specifics, but the 84, in general, is quite different from the later cars, in terms of wiring. ALL of the wiring.
C500 is not even in the same place on an 84, as the later cars. (84 has it on the firewall. 85-88 has it in front of the shock tower next to the battery.)
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find the factory wiring diagrams for donor and recipient cars... They've been .PDF'd by now, but finding your specific year may take a little work.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 C500 is completely different then all others and on fire wall.
Worse has output from the alt after f-link A. All later years has main + power "box" under C500. See my Cave, Alternator Sense

85 C500 is different mainly for light side plug because 85 didn't support Fastback lights.
Later years are mostly same.
All are between battery and strut tower.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock