Traction concepts LSD in getrag 282 by Chris_B_84se
Started on: 10-11-2020 11:59 AM
Replies: 4 (123 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-17-2020 12:25 PM
Chris_B_84se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_B_84seClick Here to Email Chris_B_84seSend a Private Message to Chris_B_84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I got an LSD from traction concepts, yesterday I tore apart my trans to put it in. I’ve got it right down to putting it in, but it dose not seem to fit in the gears. I’m not sure what to do next.
Anyone else run a traction concepts LSD? Would like to know if I’m missing something.

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbClick Here to Email wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures might help.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Traction Concepts is one of these "spring & plate" type friction devices, like the Phantom Grip. They're not LSD's. At best they're peg-leg burnout preventers.
Chris_B_84se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_B_84seClick Here to Email Chris_B_84seSend a Private Message to Chris_B_84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*UPDATE* I did get it installed. I have to bring down the inner face of the the two smaller diff gears. Fits in with 3 thou either side.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Traction Concepts is one of these "spring & plate" type friction devices, like the Phantom Grip. They're not LSD's. At best they're peg-leg burnout preventers.

Sounds like the "positraction" differentials of old. They used a clutch to hook up the wheels to work together. Not sure that this is needed on a Fiero but it certainly can't hurt.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock