Started on: 10-08-2020 02:14 PM
Replies: 3 (472 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 10-15-2020 01:25 PM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting my 3.4 Formula running again after sitting for years. Long ago, I installed Accel injectors, and they worked great. I removed them to clean in an ultrasonic cleaner (as recommended by Matt Meyer). After reinstalling them, I noticed the rear bank was leaking at the base. They weren't totally 'clicked down', so I removed the fuel rail to try to reinstall them properly. I also noticed the #5 cylinder injector was leaking at the top, and discovered the o-ring had a small chunk taken out.

Bottom line, I need to know the proper size for replacement o-rings, both top and bottom. I would assume the size for the Accel injectors is the same as stock given that they are installed in the same place. I've done the fuel rail several times, but for some reason this time it doesn't want to seat. I normally rock it back and forth a bit to get all the injectors lined up, in place, and seated. Any tricks for this I'm missing? Thanks.

Pictures below for reference...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto - pretty sure they're standard size.
https://www.rockauto.com/en...+seal+/+o-ring,13679

.------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-08-2020).]

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would assume they're standard (99% sure, as my Accels used standard O-rings), but check these two points:

When you install the new O-rings onto the injector, they must squeeze onto the injector. It doesn't need to be very tight, but there must be no play.

When you insert the injector + O-ring assembly into the fuel rail, again the O-ring must be slightly compressed. Play is not acceptable.

For both assembly steps (O-ring onto injector, then the asm into the rail), use motor oil to lubricate the O-ring, to prevent tearing.

My friend had a car go up in flames due to a damaged fuel system O-ring... no water was readily available. Quite disappointing considering that it was an engine-swapped car he liked.

O-rings have such important jobs, despite being simple parts.

Recall the Space Shuttle Challenger!
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, gentlemen. I got the new o-rings from Rock Auto yesterday.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock