Rear springs for an 85 GT by PhatMax
Started on: 09-16-2020 07:15 AM
Replies: 5 (132 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-16-2020 07:45 PM
PhatMax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a search, didn’t fine anything so here’s my question....
Does anybody know where to find new rear springs ? No, I don’t want to do coil overs... and don’t want lowering springs.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PhatMax:

Did a search, didn’t fine anything so here’s my question....
Does anybody know where to find new rear springs ? No, I don’t want to do coil overs... and don’t want lowering springs.

All Pontiac Fiero's use struts that are a spring/shock combination in one unit.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like what company ? Monroe does not offer a quick strut. Anything else is lowering coil overs.. all the struts I’ve seen are just the strut.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like what company ? Monroe does not offer a quick strut. Anything else is lowering coil overs.. all the struts I’ve seen are just the strut.

You usually re-use the spring on the strut. What happened to it? If you broke or lost it springs for the strut should be available from a spring and suspension shop. Eibach also makes a number of springs that can be adapted.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-16-2020).]

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s not broke but figured at 160k miles it’s prob a little tired.. I’ve been rebuilding pretty much everything...front to back. Going to drop the cradle and rebuild entire suspension, motor, trans...etc . Welding the upper frame rails that always rust as well as the trunk corners. I did contact a company that will custom the springs in Kansas....$268 for a pair, they can make the spring rate what ever I need...crazy. I heard the rates were different on all four corners so now I just need to find the info on the originals..... unless you have a suggestion ?
Thank you for your help !
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It’s not broke but figured at 160k miles it’s prob a little tired...

The springs may be a little tired, but if it's the original struts on that Fiero, I guarantee that the dampers are exhausted! Also keep in mind that the factory struts only dampened on the re-bound... in other words, there was no resistance on compression, even when new. Aftermarket struts offer resistance in both directions. I think you'd find that the original springs are just fine when assembled with new struts.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-19-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock