3800sc front accessories newbie to swap by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 09-14-2020 03:01 AM
Replies: 8 (273 views)
Last post by: pontiacfierokid1985 on 09-22-2020 11:48 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok wondering how all of you did your front accessories my motor is out of a 97 Riviera. I plan on using fierorog mounts and have no idea where the alt will be at. How do you route your belts, what other brackets and parts needed. This is my first swap so it’s totally new to me.

Another concern of mine is how do you all run heater hoses, install other pipe fittings for aftermarket oil pressure gauge, and derale fan controller for the fan to come on

[This message has been edited by pontiacfierokid1985 (edited 09-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Frenchrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,
Low mount the alternator in the place of the aircon compressor (if you're deleting aircon that is?). Very simple one bolt/stud and a short staybar from the block.
Coils and ICM on the rear boot/trunk panel, or in place of the battery if you have done a battery relocation.
With my motor, I used two low mounted dogbones, one forward and one rear, attached to the block and with simple brackets welded to the subfame.

I'll get back with the coolant hose refs - they are easily available from Rockauto.

Edit: Dayco 71126 and 70817. (71030 if 71126 doesn't do)

Hope this helps.
Rafe

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. Sticky tyres. Driven hard!
https://www.youtube.com/cha...1wZvWQlkYxTjivW_0XNg

[This message has been edited by Frenchrafe (edited 09-14-2020).]

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frenchrafe:

Hi there,
Low mount the alternator in the place of the aircon compressor (if you're deleting aircon that is?). Very simple one bolt/stud and a short staybar from the block.
Coils and ICM on the rear boot/trunk panel, or in place of the battery if you have done a battery relocation.
With my motor, I used two low mounted dogbones, one forward and one rear, attached to the block and with simple brackets welded to the subfame.

I'll get back with the coolant hose refs - they are easily available from

Edit: Dayco 71126 and 70817. (71030 if 71126 doesn't do)

Hope this helps.
Rafe

Wait are you saying the 99+ alternator will bolt into the same spot as the ac compressor using the ac bracket ??? If so that’s awesome. Can you show how that bracket with the alt bolted to it so I can see how it goes exactly

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorog has a low mount alt. bracket to mount the alternator to where the power steering pump would normally be.
Doing it this way is the most common method, because you can keep your AC and re-use the dogbone

I don't think the Alternator will bolt directly to the AC bracket, it will probably need modification.
Frenchrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, the alternator that I used was off a 2.4 quad cam. (Was all that I had at the time - complete 3800 cars are hard to find in Europe 😉)
It didn't need the A/C bracket. Just one long stud/bolt and then a fixed stay to position it.

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. Sticky tyres. Driven hard!
https://www.youtube.com/cha...1wZvWQlkYxTjivW_0XNg

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhh ok I see what you did. I’ll just end up going with fierorog mounts guess I need to get a tensioner off a 3.0 Ford Taurus I was told 🤔 can someone confirm this
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Ahhhh ok I see what you did. I’ll just end up going with fierorog mounts guess I need to get a tensioner off a 3.0 Ford Taurus I was told 🤔 can someone confirm this

Yes Fierorog's tensioner bracket uses a 93 Ford Taurus belt tensioner. You can find them on eBay for around $20.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Yes Fierorog's tensioner bracket uses a 93 Ford Taurus belt tensioner. You can find them on eBay for around $20.

Ok thanks for pointing that out and that will mount on the passenger side of the block correct?
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on the 3800sc build coming along very well 😁 here are a couple of things I’m confused about. The sensors in this picture I know 2 of them are the map sensor and the boost by pass valve now what is the other 2 for thinking emissions 🤔 can someone enlighten me on this. One more question will the Buick supercharger belt tensioner work in a fiero I’m seeing that everyone needs to use the one from a Pontiac GTP GRAND PRIX IS THIS TRUE [img]http://images.fieroforum.co m/userimages/pontiacfierokid1985/536C2B46-B977-45FE-8DB2-017202BBDE76.jpeg[/img]

[This message has been edited by pontiacfierokid1985 (edited 09-22-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock