Door Ajar Light Question by Akheron
Started on: 07-30-2020 08:45 PM
Replies: 1 (91 views)
Last post by: theogre on 07-31-2020 12:24 AM
Akheron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkheronSend a Private Message to AkheronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 Fiero GT has a door ajar light issue. When I open the driver side door (key in the cylinder) , the door chime comes on as well as the dome light. However, the door ajar light doesn't light up. If I open the passenger door or the engine deck lid, the door ajar light comes on, so I know the bulb is working. Is this a bad door switch? Any additional issues I should be aware of. Also, when I open the front trunk, the ajar light doesn't come on either, but I don't know if it's supposed to or not with the front trunk. Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
random ding etc See my Cave, Chime Unit defect section.
If you fix it yourself, is harder then most would think because copper on board easily gets wreck by heating the "bridge" for speaker. One near the "plug end" is worse w/ copper loop is incomplete. cheap or under powered irons won't help.

Front light also need parking lights On but have no ajar too likely have a dead switch. Switch breaks then wires usually fall down and may "turn on" if end hits other things.

Switch near latch wasn't made for weather exposure and bottom breaks.
Is just same jam switch for doors likely can still get new ones. Coat w/ brake or silicon grease can help last longer but new ones aren't weather proof either. Not really even weather resistance.

Jam switch here has 2 meanings:
1. most use is in door jam part of car.
2. is new ones will self adjust first time you gently jam door close full after install.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock