Is it 15x7 or 15x6? by Mct2green
Started on: 07-30-2020 08:15 PM
Replies: 5 (157 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-31-2020 07:56 PM
Mct2green

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mct2greenSend a Private Message to Mct2greenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at getting a new set of rims as mine are in need of refurbishment. I figured I would buy a set while I decide what I am going to do with my wheels. I have a 1986 gt. There are lots of posts about rim width with a debate between 6" and 7". Some websites say OEM size is 6, but others say the rim is a 7j. I have pulled off a rim and there are no no identifiers stamped on it other than made in Germany and some other numbers, none of which are 6 or 7. I have also read that the size was raised on the back of one of the honeycombs, could not find that either. I did clean out all of the brake dust to see if there were any stamps hiding under it. My do it yourself manual says 6" wide rims. Is there a way to confirm such as a code on the spec sticker under the front hood? I want to use my stock 215/60 and 205/60 r15 tires. Strange that I could not find a size stamped on the rim. Any help is much appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88's run 15x6 in the front and 15x7 in the rear. The 86-87 run 15x7 all the way around.

If you buy an aftermarket wheel, be aware of the wheel's hub bore. It needs to be at least 57.1mm

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-30-2020).]

Mct2green

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mct2greenSend a Private Message to Mct2greenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In regards to hub bore, can it be greater than 57.1? I think you use hub rings then, but I am not an expert.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is true- they are called "Hubcentric"......You can order different rings to match your hub-wheel interface.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mct2green:

In regards to hub bore, can it be greater than 57.1? I think you use hub rings then, but I am not an expert.

That's correct.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regarding the stock Fiero "mesh" wheels...
If it has a 1" horizontal lip between the spokes and the edge of the rim, it's 7". If it does not have that lip it's 6".

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock