Oil pressure gauge by 85fieroguy
Started on: 07-27-2020 09:23 PM
Replies: 7 (522 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 07-29-2020 03:21 PM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a "Rally gauge, volts and oil" on my GT by previous owner. The oil pressure gauge is erratic..when you start its at 40psi, swings all the way right off the face, then back and forth to 40, like a short "". Also, have the face off the rally gauge but cannot puull the volt/oil gauge unit out. Any ideas ?? Could use a diagram / pictures of this " rally gauge" set up
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sender or plug to it is likely "dead."

See my Cave, Oil Sensor

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil pressure sending unit or wiring is more likely faulty than gauge itself.

You have to remove radio/heater trim plate and loosen radio surround to remove gauge cluster.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-28-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Oil pressure sending unit or wiring is more likely faulty than gauge itself.

With my Formula, a pegged (to the right) oil pressure gauge was simply a loose connection at the sender. T'was a ten second repair job.
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for your input. I also suspect a wiring issue. Question ?..where 0n a 85 Gt V-6 is the oil pressure switch ?? Looked in all the manuals and could not see an illustration. Lastly, what is the NORMAL operating PSI of the oil pressure.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:
what is the NORMAL operating PSI of the oil pressure.
See my Cave, Oil and Filter
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

Thanks guys for your input. I also suspect a wiring issue. Question ?..where 0n a 85 Gt V-6 is the oil pressure switch ?? Looked in all the manuals and could not see an illustration. Lastly, what is the NORMAL operating PSI of the oil pressure.

Non A/C car has it down by oil filter.

A/C car has tube relocating it near front of head.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-29-2020).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got rid of that ac setup and just went with the 88 style sender. I mounted it down low so it is no longer an eye sore.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock