Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  86-88 GT Tail Lights - What are they worth?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
86-88 GT Tail Lights - What are they worth? by DimeMachine
Started on: 07-12-2020 12:08 PM
Replies: 9 (292 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 07-12-2020 05:16 PM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question. Realistically, what is the going rate for a set of decent used GT tail light assemblies?

Thanks in advance.

Dime

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Original no delam and no major scratches or chips and no broken mounting tabs. 600 percent sad plus plus based on condition of lenses. Repos are 450 plus shipping just for lenses
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Original no delam and no major scratches or chips and no broken mounting tabs. 600 percent sad plus plus based on condition of lenses. Repos are 450 plus shipping just for lenses

Thanks for the response. I do not understand what you mean by this ? > 600 percent sad plus plus

Please expand.

Thanks!
Dime

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen OEM, non-used lenses go for $1,100 on Ebay.

Used with delamination, $400 on up.
Used with no delamination, $600 on up.
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

Thanks for the response. I do not understand what you mean by this ? > 600 percent sad plus plus

Please expand.

Thanks!
Dime

[edited] OP corrected

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 07-12-2020).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol auto correct. Meant at least 600 usd plus plus.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say that if you can restore your GT tailights with repro lenses for $400/ pr original pairs in excellent -LN shape should bring a bit more. Before Goodyear's repros came about, these lights were going for up to $1000 per pair but now that you can fix your own the price has dropped.
As for the price of these lights, you can buy a new custom taillight panel, with lenses for less. I tired of the old fashioned 80's look so I chose that solution on both my fastback and notchback.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Another question... I have had fieros for 30 years but always notchies. Under what condition is the Pontiac supposed to light up?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

Thanks for the responses guys. Another question... I have had fieros for 30 years but always notchies. Under what condition is the Pontiac supposed to light up?

On the GT, the Pontiac lights up as soon as the key is in the "on" position.....not the "acc" position. It stays on until you turn the key to the off position.

In other words, it's always on when you drive the vehicle.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-12-2020).]

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

On the GT, the Pontiac lights up as soon as the key is in the "on" position.....not the "acc" position. It stays on until you turn the key to the off position.

In other words, it's always on when you drive the vehicle.

Roger that - thanks!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock