REAR LIGHT BULBS by QCMANAGER
Started on: 07-10-2020 07:49 AM
Replies: 5 (144 views)
Last post by: QCMANAGER on 07-10-2020 02:45 PM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLO,
I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH THE CHILTONS AND HAYNES REPAIR MANUALS, CALLED THE FIERO STORE
AND POSTED ON VARIOUS SITES AND SO FAR NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.

I HAVE AN 85 FIERO GT NOTCHBACK. TURN SIGNALS ARE ALL WORKING, FRONT AND BACK. BACK UP
LIGHTS IN REAR ARE WORKING. PARKING LIGHTS ARE WORKING. HOWEVER, NOTHING LIGHTS UP WHEN
THE BRAKES ARE DEPRESSED.

BEHIND EACH TAIL LIGHT LENS THERE ARE 4 BULBS. INWARD, LEFT OF INWARD, RIGHT OF OUTWARD AND
OUTWARD. WHAT FUNCTION DOES EACH BULB SERVE????

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. BRAKE/STOP LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING.

ALSO, ANYONE KNOW IF RODNEY DICKMAN IS STILL AROUND AND SELLING STUFF?? I ORDERED THE BRIGHTER
BRAKE/STOP LIGHT BULBS FROM HIM BUT HE IS NOT RESPONDING.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Warlordsix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's wired like my '87 notchie, the outer two are stop/turn/tail, the third one in from the fender is tail, and the fourth one in from the fender is backup.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If ALL the lights are working except your brakes, I think you should be checking the brake switch on the pedal.
Get a 12v test light and see if power is going through when pedal is pressed.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brighter bulbs are just 2356 available at any store even at various __marts K Wall and more even many "dollar" stores.
See my Cave, Lighbulbs

BL doesn't work then most likely BL switch on pedal w/ white and orange wires or stop/haz fuse is bad.
Push hazard button. If that works then BL Switch is likely dead.

Next Time Don't put two threads on same problem.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 07-10-2020).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

If ALL the lights are working except your brakes, I think you should be checking the brake switch on the pedal.
Get a 12v test light and see if power is going through when pedal is pressed.

Just had the same problem and it was the brake pedal switch. If the OP checks and needs to order one there are two different versions std and one for cars with CC. Should be pretty easy to fix.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to mention that the hazard flashers also stopped working a while back.
Is it true that fuse #7 controls both stop and hazard lights and that may be all I need?
When the storm leaves I will check that fuse first.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock