2 electrical issues... by Skull_Bandit
Started on: 07-06-2020 05:28 PM
Replies: 1 (112 views)
Last post by: theogre on 07-06-2020 08:01 PM
Skull_Bandit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Skull_BanditSend a Private Message to Skull_BanditEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 questions

1. I have an 86 GT and my center gauges have stopped working. They don’t have power and don’t backlight when the headlights are on. Curious if this is a common issue? Or something I have to figure out

2. I also have all the exterior lights on the car (except headlights) won’t light up. They would breifly if I pressed the switch but once it was fully engaged. I thought it was the switch but changed it twice to no avail. I ended up bending one of the prongs in the switch that allowed them to stay on with the headlights pressed only. The marker lights do nothing. Curious if this is also a common problem.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Also if anyone is in Missouri or close to I have an 84 auto parts car that I don’t need. If you can come get it it’s yours.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT. 2.8 5 spd (Toy/Daily)
1988 Monte Carlo SS. 350 sbc 200r4 (Toy)
1995 Corvette 5.7 6 spd (Usually Broken Toy)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HL lights work?
Yes, Check fuses. Tail (and others) fuse may look ok but replace it anyway. Blade fuses can crack the metal and hard to see and maybe even pass Ω test because you mess w/ it.
No, likely Fusible Link B is blown or otherwise have problems.
See my Cave, Fuse Links notes

Front and back parking lights use different grounds so shouldn't be ground killing all of them.

aux gauge has a plug in radio/ac trim... maybe that came loose.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock