What kind of grease for door hinges? by cvxjet
Started on: 06-30-2020 01:53 PM
Replies: 3 (129 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-30-2020 06:37 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a squeaky door and was wondering which grease would be best.....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-30-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to me like full on grease would attract dirt and stuff and muck up the bushings. I'd just use a light spray like WD40 or 3in1.

Assuming that the hinges have bushings like the ones on my GM truck did, anyway. Replacing those was a royal PITA.

-- A
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake or silicon.
Won't wash out when wash the car etc. Doesn't "melt" and stain anything drips on.

Likely have other problems... Roller stop have plastic bearing that wears out and makes noise. Lube only helps short term a best when this happens.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Likely have other problems... Roller stop have plastic bearing that wears out and makes noise. Lube only helps short term a best when this happens.

I suspect I have this issue with the driver's door on my Formula. The bushings are fine, but every time I enter and exit the car, the door squawks like an old crow.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock