Struts by hunter29
Started on: 06-28-2020 06:41 PM
Replies: 9 (221 views)
Last post by: creaky78 on 07-01-2020 09:46 PM
hunter29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you guys recommend ? Thinking of KYB but wondering if they make the AGX for the Fiero, can't seem to find that out, but guessing no. thanks

PS I replaced the front shocks with Gas a Just and now the rear feels soft or bouncy, not a lot but I did notice, still have the factory struts with 13K on them..

[This message has been edited by hunter29 (edited 06-28-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hunter29:

...still have the factory struts with 13K on them.

They're toast. Anything would be better than them.

I've used and been satisfied with both KYB and Monroe Sensa-Trac.
hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep toast, thats what I was thinking, another project, but then I'll be done...LOL how many times have I said that.. But when a car sits for 29 years things need to be done.

One more thing, I repacked the wheel bearings yesterday , the cotter pin is in a bad spot, one way to tight, the other way to loose, can I add a spacer washer to get it right, and where can I find one ?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hunter29:

One more thing, I repacked the wheel bearings yesterday , the cotter pin is in a bad spot, one way to tight, the other way to loose, can I add a spacer washer to get it right, and where can I find one ?

On some applications, there are actually two drilled holes to choose from. Not the case here?

I've never heard of using a spacer in this situation "to get it right". Assuming the process has been done correctly (it's been awhile since I've repacked front wheel bearings), the nut is backed off to allow the cotter pin to be inserted.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-28-2020).]

hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On some applications, there are actually two drilled holes to choose from. Not the case here?

Good point, I will look for that, that may be the case I did not notice, thanks for the reply and will let you know..
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use Monroe or Gabriel Gas Struts. Premium if still has a choice, Gabriel only has one last I looked.

⚠️ Warning: Follow FSM or See my Cave, Front Bearings
If you preload the bearings even a little then expect to fry them often soon.
For many cars, not just Fiero, Front wheels Will have some "play" if bearings are installed right.

If you use wrong grease, often will leak and get on brake parts. Use Wheel Bearing grease for disk brakes.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-28-2020).]

creaky78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for creaky78Send a Private Message to creaky78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed Gabriel G67512 struts on my '87 GT, very pleased. They are NOS that I got on fleabay for cheap. They are still being advertised.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-...Delivery!47025!US!-1
hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, there were two, it did the trick..
hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by creaky78:

I just installed Gabriel G67512 struts on my '87 GT, very pleased. They are NOS that I got on fleabay for cheap. They are still being advertised.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-...Delivery!47025!US!-1[/QUO TE]

NOS ?
creaky78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for creaky78Send a Private Message to creaky78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOS.....New Old Stock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock