AC lines by mljosey
Started on: 06-26-2020 06:42 PM
Replies: 6 (410 views)
Last post by: mljosey on 06-29-2020 09:52 AM
mljosey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mljoseySend a Private Message to mljoseyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drive a 1986 fiero se, v6 engine. I was trying to switch from old ac to new ac. My mechanic is training a new kid who broke both ac lines on the driver's side. Is there anyone with good ac lines around the Ithaca, ny area? Or any other leads on AC lines that fit Fiero?
(The pennock post from the guy who made new lines is from 2014 and he never returned my emails. So I'm assuming he doesn't sell lines anymore.)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When mine leaked, my shop had the local hydraulics place make them to size. Brought in the old lines, specified they're for auto AC, and new ones were made to match.

-- A
mljosey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mljoseySend a Private Message to mljoseyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
I took them to hyrdalics place, but he told me AC lines are under more pressure than hydraulics. He referred me to some one else who does crimping. He could do the rubber hose but not the lines. Referred me to a place in Syracuse that makes nylon lines. I'm a little uncertain as to the melting temperature of the nylon since the lines do run near the engine and exhaust.
So back to looking for the two aluminum lines.
I did find lines in AZ. But shipping cost is astronomical. Hoping to find someone closer to Ithaca, NY.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mljosey:

Hi,
I took them to hyrdalics place, but he told me AC lines are under more pressure than hydraulics.

That is so wrong, it's not even funny. They just didn't want to mess with it would be my guess.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lazy hydraulics shop, screw 'em. You can make a new hose assembly yourself, but it usually doesn't make sense spending $400+ on the tools and parts. The undercar lines, you're stuck trying to get them from a donor car, best bet is another Fiero owner nearby or a junkyard. I drove 4 hours once to pick up a set. There are two styles: 84, and 85-88.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send me a picture of what's broken. I normally just make them for 3800s but should be able to get you fixed up too.
chjesthe at gmail
mljosey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mljoseySend a Private Message to mljoseyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you (2002z28sscomv) I may yet have you make them.
But I found an 88 firebird. They have to check to see if it has a for me. Does anyone know if those lines would be compatable? The next closest lines I've found so far are in New Jersey. Haven't been pressure tested yet. Shipping is just ouch on these lines.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock