Choosing Between Types of Evercoat by Notorio
Started on: 06-25-2020 04:17 PM
Replies: 3 (161 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 06-27-2020 09:13 AM
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting ready to repaint my roof that has some chips and lifts around the windshield seal and the sunroof seal. This thread below makes the case for Evercoat 870 instead of Bondo, b/c the Evercoat is able to bond well with SMC.

Bondo Glass vs Evercoat

In researching Evercoat I found these three products are all recommended for SMC:

Here is one of the affected areas I would like to repair.

I discovered I have a can of unopened Evercoat Rage 105 that I would like to use. Has anyone successfully used the Rage 105? Does anyone know if the 650 or 870 are 'better' in some way for this type of repair? I wouldn't mind saving $50 right now but I don't want to be 'penny wise and pound foolish.'
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rage 105 is not for SMC......but you don't need much, so how about this?

https://www.eastwood.com/us...MEAQYASABEgKGBfD_BwE
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Rage 105 is not for SMC......but you don't need much, so how about this?

https://www.eastwood.com/us...MEAQYASABEgKGBfD_BwE

The link there is appreciated but as I mentioned Rage 105 IS recommended for SMC by Evercoat (I should have said 'on their website.') Here is the product summary:

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How confusing.

"Rage Gold also contains ZNX-7® for adhesion to galvanized steel and aluminum."

Apparently they figured out an additive that makes the stuff work better, but they are not consistent with their descriptions. Considering the risk of re-doing a paint job, I would look for something that was made for SMC and said so on the label. When you do patch the SMC make sure it is dry as a bone before you start. (should be easy to do in Southern California... )

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-27-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock