Started on: 06-25-2020 03:20 PM
Replies: 7 (222 views)
Last post by: msweldon on 06-29-2020 09:53 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up a 2016 LTG w/ 6T70 auto trans out of a Buick Regal and I'm going to swap out the Auto for a F40, 6 speed manual. I picked up a zero mile "crate trans" off Ebay. I've been trying to locate the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate for this setup. Can't seem to find any info on them.

(EDIT - Before you ask, the 2014+ LTG motor uses a different F40 w/ a slightly different bellhousing than the 2007-2013. I don't know if that makes a difference)

Being a 2.0 motor, does anyone know if the same parts for a 11-13 LHU motor will fit? I've found a ton of parts for the LHU w/F40, but nothing for the LTG motor. I contacted ZZP about it and they were no help. They didn't have the time to tell me if the manual parts for the LHU are the same for the LTG. They have a TON of LTG parts, but cater to the ATS/Camaro owners with the LTG motor which is a RWD setup.

Does anyone have any info on if the LHU parts for the Manual Trans FWD motor work on the FWD LTG? I've asked the same question on several Buick/Ecotec forums and still do not have an answer.

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 06-25-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull up the parts your looking for on RockAuto. If you click on the part number in each listing, a mini-window with all the applications that use that part will pop up.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, soooo what Will said, I've answered sooo many part compatibility questions on my swap using rock auto like that.....
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Dude, soooo what Will said, I've answered sooo many part compatibility questions on my swap using rock auto like that.....

Dude, Rockauto was the first place I checked, and found that they have no data on 2016 Regal Manual trans parts I'm looking for. Yes, they have the flywheel for 11-15, and the clutch data lists 11-16. I'm sure I could infer that the flywheel is the same for 16 but why when you look up the stuff for 11-13 years it does not say it fits 14-16 as well? The data is all over so I thought i'd check with the forum.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM Parts Direct. Search for the year and model, then enter key words for the parts to are curious about and write down the GM part numbers. Then do it again for the different year.

Here is the clutch/pressure plate and the flywheel info for the 2016:
https://www.gmpartsdirect.c...part_number=24263315

Looks like the clutch is the same from 2011-2016.

Here is the 2011-2013 flywheel. It has a different part #, but not sure why.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.c...gm-flywheel-55574137

Sometimes when R&Ding stuff that no one else has done, you have to look up used parts and buy them to check them out. This takes time and gets spendy in a hurry.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-28-2020).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

GM Parts Direct. Search for the year and model, then enter key words for the parts to are curious about and write down the GM part numbers. Then do it again for the different year.

Here is the clutch/pressure plate and the flywheel info for the 2016:
https://www.gmpartsdirect.c...part_number=24263315

Looks like the clutch is the same from 2011-2016.

Here is the 2011-2013 flywheel. It has a different part #, but not sure why.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.c...gm-flywheel-55574137

Sometimes when R&Ding stuff that no one else has done, you have to look up used parts and buy them to check them out. This takes time and gets spendy in a hurry.

Paul,
So before I asked here I had gone to the sites you listed and purchased the parts. Now I'm getting emails from them telling me that the parts are on "special order' and it could take 2-3 months to get them. Then I started to read the poor ratings the site has gotten and realized i may never see the parts of the money again. Was hoping to get the parts from ZZP that's why I was asking if the 11-13 stuff would work, b/c it is avalible at a lot of AAA+++ sites.

also, there is no R&D here. In 2016, the LTG was offered in the Buick Regal with the F40 6 speed. All I want to do is buy the stock parts.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 06-28-2020).]

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:
Dude, Rockauto was the first place I checked, and found that they have no data on 2016 Regal Manual trans parts I'm looking for. Yes, they have the flywheel for 11-15, and the clutch data lists 11-16. I'm sure I could infer that the flywheel is the same for 16 but why when you look up the stuff for 11-13 years it does not say it fits 14-16 as well? The data is all over so I thought i'd check with the forum.

Wow.. my apologies.. you really do have an odd situation. Just an idea but have you looked into any of the Saab 9-3 4cyl F40's?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock