EGR Code 32 - What am I missing? by Chantruese
Started on: 06-24-2020 11:39 PM
Replies: 6 (174 views)
Last post by: donuteater306 on 06-29-2020 11:42 AM
Chantruese

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChantrueseSend a Private Message to ChantrueseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car has always thrown EGR codes, but I'm down to JUST 32. I have Rodney's stainless steel lines, a brand new EGR valve and EGR tube, no vacuum leaks (idle is perfect, can't find anything with starter fluid anywhere). I pulled the EGR solenoid today, took it apart. It looked to be in pretty good shape. There was some corrosion around the pressure switch (square module that connects to the side - how does this work? Searched like crazy and couldn't find info on it), but the coil was surprisingly clean.

I have all the "right" readings for OHMs on the ports and at the coil. Put it back in, and 5-10 mins after getting to speed on the freeway, CEL comes on. What am I missing? You can't buy a replacement anymore. Thinking about running to the junkyard and scavenging a few to see if I can fix this. =(
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chantruese:

Car has always thrown EGR codes, but I'm down to JUST 32. I have Rodney's stainless steel lines, a brand new EGR valve and EGR tube, no vacuum leaks (idle is perfect, can't find anything with starter fluid anywhere). I pulled the EGR solenoid today, took it apart. It looked to be in pretty good shape. There was some corrosion around the pressure switch (square module that connects to the side - how does this work? Searched like crazy and couldn't find info on it), but the coil was surprisingly clean.

I have all the "right" readings for OHMs on the ports and at the coil. Put it back in, and 5-10 mins after getting to speed on the freeway, CEL comes on. What am I missing? You can't buy a replacement anymore. Thinking about running to the junkyard and scavenging a few to see if I can fix this. =(

They can actually be had, see //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/142489.html

I don't know the magic of how they work, but when mine did that I just bit the bullet and replaced it. No codes since.

-- A
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My code 32 was caused by an elbow connector at the EGR Valve. It looked perfect, but the fit was not quite snug. Those things dry out over the years, and this system is sensitive.
Chantruese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChantrueseSend a Private Message to ChantrueseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

They can actually be had, see //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/142489.html

I don't know the magic of how they work, but when mine did that I just bit the bullet and replaced it. No codes since.

-- A

He has one, but holy CRAP $300. I think I'll just try my hand at rebuilding another from a junk yard at that price. Ouch.
Chantruese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChantrueseSend a Private Message to ChantrueseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chantruese

71 posts
Member since Nov 2014

Originally posted by Gall757:

My code 32 was caused by an elbow connector at the EGR Valve. It looked perfect, but the fit was not quite snug. Those things dry out over the years, and this system is sensitive.

I'll double check mine. I've been doing everything I can think of, I just want the light to go away and the system to work. =(
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to replace the o-rings inside of the solenoid to rid mine of the 32 code. Replaced the rubber rings with silicone o-rings to help prevent future issues.
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

donuteater306

688 posts
Member since Feb 2010
I had to replace the o-rings inside of the solenoid to rid mine of the 32 code. Replaced the rubber rings with silicone o-rings to help prevent future issues.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock