Fuel injectors not firing by Xenoblast
Started on: 05-30-2020 06:41 PM
Replies: 8 (186 views)
Last post by: Xenoblast on 06-01-2020 07:51 PM
Xenoblast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car runs with starting fluid, so I know that it has good timing, air, and spark. I followed someone elses post on the same problem, but when I did what supposedly would fire the fuel injectors by shorting a connection in the ecm connectors, nothing happened. I have check the fuses and made sure connections are tight.

[This message has been edited by Xenoblast (edited 05-30-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first thing you should do is listen for the fuel pump when you turn the key. Secondly, check fuel pressure.

edit: I wouldn't go grounding things in the computer any more. If you have an electrical issue, it is more likely ICM related.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-30-2020).]

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

The first thing you should do is listen for the fuel pump when you turn the key. Secondly, check fuel pressure.

edit: I wouldn't go grounding things in the computer any more. If you have an electrical issue, it is more likely ICM related.

When I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump, although it sounds like it bogs down at the start, then is slightly inconsistent after that.

There is no fuel pressure. I took off the engine side of the fuel filter, and it seems to flow well from it, so maybe something is clogged or something like that after the fuel filter?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a new fuel filter. No pressure at the fuel rail? Do you know the history of the car? This is a 2.8, right?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-30-2020).]

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Get a new fuel filter. No pressure at the fuel rail? Do you know the history of the car? This is a 2.8, right?

I forgot to mention, the car has a new fuel filter that I just installed. I managed to get some fuel pressure at the fuel rail, but it wasnt a lot of pressure. Yes this is the 2.8
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xenoblast:

I managed to get some fuel pressure at the fuel rail, but it wasnt a lot of pressure.

"Some" isn't good enough. As previously mentioned, you need to check fuel pressure to find out what is. I wouldn't be surprised if the short length of hose in the gas tank has rotted.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use a gauge on the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. You need about 40 lbs. with the key on and engine off.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may be a silly question but is the new filter installed properly? Usually there is an arrow that points in the direction of flow from the tank to the engine. From personal experience, if installed backwards it will cause issues.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

This may be a silly question but is the new filter installed properly? Usually there is an arrow that points in the direction of flow from the tank to the engine. From personal experience, if installed backwards it will cause issues.

I looked at that, there is an arrow, and I made sure to also look up the right direction. I will try to install the old fuel filter, because I never had a problem with fuel pressure from that. Another thing Im thinking is that I just pumped all the fuel out of the tank using the pump, and that may have damaged it. I pumped all the fuel out because I thought it was bad, but it turns out the injectors just werent firing and the fuel was fine.

[This message has been edited by Xenoblast (edited 06-01-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock